Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NDA Pandas

Featured Replies

I did a little research and this is the first time since 2001 that NDA hasn't made it to the regional tournament. 14 consecutive years making it, that's crazy!!!

Curious if anyone else has made it 14 years in a row? Product this year of 3 good teams in district.

 

If Bellevue and Dayton would just shut it down already and merge with Newport, it would give NCC and HHS some competition. Otherwise I would say NCC and HHS are Regional locks for the foreseeable future.

Curious if anyone else has made it 14 years in a row? Product this year of 3 good teams in district.

 

If Bellevue and Dayton would just shut it down already and merge with Newport, it would give NCC and HHS some competition. Otherwise I would say NCC and HHS are Regional locks for the foreseeable future.

 

I am going to go off on a tangent here... This is a very interesting observation. (3) public high schools all within 2.5 miles of each other. Even more so is that these schools are in (3) independent school districts.

According to the latest 2013-2014 AUDITED SCHOOL ENROLLMENTS, each school's attendance is as follows:

202 - Dayton

216 - Bellevue

424 - Newport

842 - Combined total

 

353 - NCC

940 - Highlands

 

Seems to be food for thought...and a huge savings financially.

 

Even more obvious is adding Silver Grove in the mix. They are also in Campbell County and have a grand total of 59 students. They are also in an independent school district. And just 8.5 miles to Dayton HS. That's what buses are for.

 

Financially, this makes a world of sense. Think of the savings of having only (1) football program. And having 900 students provides a more competitive environment to their program. Call it Northern Campbell County High School. Mascot would be something to do with the Ohio River as all (4) cities are river cities.

 

Okay - I went overboard but it does bring up conversation!

I am going to go off on a tangent here... This is a very interesting observation. (3) public high schools all within 2.5 miles of each other. Even more so is that these schools are in (3) independent school districts.

According to the latest 2013-2014 AUDITED SCHOOL ENROLLMENTS, each school's attendance is as follows:

202 - Dayton

216 - Bellevue

424 - Newport

842 - Combined total

 

353 - NCC

940 - Highlands

 

Seems to be food for thought...and a huge savings financially.

 

Even more obvious is adding Silver Grove in the mix. They are also in Campbell County and have a grand total of 59 students. They are also in an independent school district. And just 8.5 miles to Dayton HS. That's what buses are for.

 

Financially, this makes a world of sense. Think of the savings of having only (1) football program. And having 900 students provides a more competitive environment to their program. Call it Northern Campbell County High School. Mascot would be something to do with the Ohio River as all (4) cities are river cities.

 

Okay - I went overboard but it does bring up conversation!

 

Interesting IDEA!

I am going to go off on a tangent here... This is a very interesting observation. (3) public high schools all within 2.5 miles of each other. Even more so is that these schools are in (3) independent school districts.

According to the latest 2013-2014 AUDITED SCHOOL ENROLLMENTS, each school's attendance is as follows:

202 - Dayton

216 - Bellevue

424 - Newport

842 - Combined total

 

353 - NCC

940 - Highlands

 

Seems to be food for thought...and a huge savings financially.

 

Even more obvious is adding Silver Grove in the mix. They are also in Campbell County and have a grand total of 59 students. They are also in an independent school district. And just 8.5 miles to Dayton HS. That's what buses are for.

 

Financially, this makes a world of sense. Think of the savings of having only (1) football program. And having 900 students provides a more competitive environment to their program. Call it Northern Campbell County High School. Mascot would be something to do with the Ohio River as all (4) cities are river cities.

 

Okay - I went overboard but it does bring up conversation!

 

Will not happen in your lifetime most likely. But then think about it. Should Ludlow merge with Holmes? Should Beechwood and Lloyd merge with Dixie? Should CovCath and ND merge? Should NCC and Brossart? How about Villa and HC? All would save money wouldn't they?

Curious if anyone else has made it 14 years in a row? Product this year of 3 good teams in district.

 

If Bellevue and Dayton would just shut it down already and merge with Newport, it would give NCC and HHS some competition. Otherwise I would say NCC and HHS are Regional locks for the foreseeable future.

 

 

No it wouldn't. JMHO

I am going to go off on a tangent here... This is a very interesting observation. (3) public high schools all within 2.5 miles of each other. Even more so is that these schools are in (3) independent school districts.

According to the latest 2013-2014 AUDITED SCHOOL ENROLLMENTS, each school's attendance is as follows:

202 - Dayton

216 - Bellevue

424 - Newport

842 - Combined total

 

353 - NCC

940 - Highlands

 

Seems to be food for thought...and a huge savings financially.

 

Even more obvious is adding Silver Grove in the mix. They are also in Campbell County and have a grand total of 59 students. They are also in an independent school district. And just 8.5 miles to Dayton HS. That's what buses are for.

 

Financially, this makes a world of sense. Think of the savings of having only (1) football program. And having 900 students provides a more competitive environment to their program. Call it Northern Campbell County High School. Mascot would be something to do with the Ohio River as all (4) cities are river cities.

 

Okay - I went overboard but it does bring up conversation!

 

It is an interesting thought and I think it would help, but it's not a new concept for those of us in this district.

 

The other thing to think about outside of sports. Those are old cities with a lot of hard working people that take extreme pride in what they have. Even in Silver Grove. Does it make sense from the outside looking in...yes. Will you ever convince the people that built those cities and schools that it's right, no. Because it's waaaaayyyyyy more than just sports for them and I don't blame them.

Will not happen in your lifetime most likely. But then think about it. Should Ludlow merge with Holmes? Should Beechwood and Lloyd merge with Dixie? Should CovCath and ND merge? Should NCC and Brossart? How about Villa and HC? All would save money wouldn't they?

 

Cov Cath and NDA merge? What would be the benefit?

Cov Cath and NDA merge? What would be the benefit?

 

New name.......Covington Central Catholic, it's got a nice ring to it. :lol2:

It is an interesting thought and I think it would help, but it's not a new concept for those of us in this district.

 

The other thing to think about outside of sports. Those are old cities with a lot of hard working people that take extreme pride in what they have. Even in Silver Grove. Does it make sense from the outside looking in...yes. Will you ever convince the people that built those cities and schools that it's right, no. Because it's waaaaayyyyyy more than just sports for them and I don't blame them.

 

I'm glad you typed it all out, cause I was going to say the same thing.

It is an interesting thought and I think it would help, but it's not a new concept for those of us in this district.

 

The other thing to think about outside of sports. Those are old cities with a lot of hard working people that take extreme pride in what they have. Even in Silver Grove. Does it make sense from the outside looking in...yes. Will you ever convince the people that built those cities and schools that it's right, no. Because it's waaaaayyyyyy more than just sports for them and I don't blame them.

 

I can't speak to the other cities/schools, but there might be more SG folks who favor consolidation than you think.

 

Last I saw SG had the highest tax rate in the commonwealth. And from what I hear they've cut it to the bone in terms of programs offered. Not a lot of bang for your buck.

I can't speak to the other cities/schools, but there might be more SG folks who favor consolidation than you think.

 

Last I saw SG had the highest tax rate in the commonwealth. And from what I hear they've cut it to the bone in terms of programs offered. Not a lot of bang for your buck.

 

Very possible with the younger generation.

New name.......Covington Central Catholic, it's got a nice ring to it. :lol2:

 

So would they be the Pandels or the Corndas?

No it wouldn't. JMHO

 

You put Dayton, Bellevue, and Newport together and they would form a competitive team in virtually every sport. Maybe not top 5, but that would be a top 10 program in NKY every year...IMO, of course.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.