Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Coach Says "The Product Stinks"

Featured Replies

I'm the biggest critic of how bad refs call the charge today. But you can't eliminate it all together. You can extend the charge circle and define much more clear rules and punish flopping.

 

Also have a problem with offensive players who over sell or create contact to get to the line and jump shooters who kick out and flop.

 

Some refs don't want to hear this but it's true. There is to much reaction to body reactions and acting and not enough on what they actually see.

 

If I had faith they would legislate and call it properly I'd agree. I don't....

Which is why I contend the only solution is to eliminate it all together...

What happens when an offensive players pushes and bulls his way past the defensive player on his way to the basket? Let it go and call nothing??

I hate the way the game is played and called now. It is hard for defense not to clutch and grab and flop because on offense players are taught to lower their head and drive. You can't run a pattern or cutting offense because the defense holds off the ball as well. It is what creates the ballhandler needing to drive because no one is open. It is both and offense and defense problem. I would love for refs to start calling all contact, it would cause the games to be long initially, but i think the players would adjust.

If I had faith they would legislate and call it properly I'd agree. I don't....

 

The charge call with a secondary defender is the problem. I think the refs do a great job officiating offensive fouls on a primary defender, but it is the secondary defender drawing a charge that is RUINING college offenses. That is where I want to see it eliminated / changed...only on the secondary defender.

I thought the NCAA did a great thing with how they were calling games to start last season.

 

Very much agree.

What happens when an offensive players pushes and bulls his way past the defensive player on his way to the basket? Let it go and call nothing??

 

I'd call an offensive foul if the offensive player extended an arm, hooked the defender, or lowered a shoulder, but that's it.

I'd call an offensive foul if the offensive player extended an arm, hooked the defender, or lowered a shoulder, but that's it.

 

Player control foul. Bye bye charge...

The charge call with a secondary defender is the problem. I think the refs do a great job officiating offensive fouls on a primary defender, but it is the secondary defender drawing a charge that is RUINING college offenses. That is where I want to see it eliminated / changed...only on the secondary defender.

 

I fully agree the secondary defender calls are a major problem. I also see a ton of bad calls on the primary defender as well, so I'll stick with eliminating it all together...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.