Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 52 Holmes 30

Featured Replies

Lady Bulldogs Had no answer For Ally Mayhaus Tonight

  • Replies 46
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are just so well rounded as a team. Granted I have only seen a few girls games this year and have not seen Highlands or NCC, but I think they have to be favorites.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe it is Ally Mayhaus who is the starting center? She's tall and long and finishes well around the rim and uses her length to disrupt shots in the paint without fouling.

Does NCC or Highlands have height to combat what she brings to the table?

Englemon is a poised point guard who plays angles really well and is always in control. I think she is the most important piece for Holy Cross. She was terrific tonight.

Turner is a solid scorer and can knock down 3's. Tucker plays under control and will make open shots. Hassert sp? plays her role very well.

One chink in the armor for Holy Cross that I see, is I don't think they are very deep.

They just are hard to guard if they make perimeter shots. They can stretch you and open up the paint for Mayhaus.

Plus they have the experience. Region finals last year? Won the All-A this year. Experienced group.

 

HHS is just as or more experienced. Both Jr guards have started since their 8th grade year and have played in the region every year, making it to the finals two years ago. The other were also on those teams and this exact team made it to semis last year. So I would say more experienced than HC as far as the region. And Yes...HHS has the size and length to play with HC. Plus a deeper bench.

 

HC and HHS played to a double OT game at HC earlier this year. I'm not saying it goes either way, but there are formidable opponents in the region. Also, HC didn't play Ryle in the regular season. Ryle is the biggest team in the region and seem to match up well with them. Ryle can struggle elite pressure, but that's not really HC's game. Ryle have 4 6 footers and a couple are bigger than 6 foot. They also have a 5'10" PG. And there is no way Holmes is going without a fight. I would chalk this one up as them just not playing well tonight. So HC is very good, but I'm sure they aren't feeling unbeatable by any means.

They are just so well rounded as a team. Granted I have only seen a few girls games this year and have not seen Highlands or NCC, but I think they have to be favorites.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe it is Ally Mayhaus who is the starting center? She's tall and long and finishes well around the rim and uses her length to disrupt shots in the paint without fouling.

Does NCC or Highlands have height to combat what she brings to the table?

Englemon is a poised point guard who plays angles really well and is always in control. I think she is the most important piece for Holy Cross. She was terrific tonight.

Turner is a solid scorer and can knock down 3's. Tucker plays under control and will make open shots. Hassert sp? plays her role very well.

One chink in the armor for Holy Cross that I see, is I don't think they are very deep.

They just are hard to guard if they make perimeter shots. They can stretch you and open up the paint for Mayhaus.

Plus they have the experience. Region finals last year? Won the All-A this year. Experienced group.

 

In the 6 or 7 games I've seen her play, she is the MOST underrated player in the 9th Region. I'd take a team full of her.

They are just so well rounded as a team. Granted I have only seen a few girls games this year and have not seen Highlands or NCC, but I think they have to be favorites.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe it is Ally Mayhaus who is the starting center? She's tall and long and finishes well around the rim and uses her length to disrupt shots in the paint without fouling.

Does NCC or Highlands have height to combat what she brings to the table?

Englemon is a poised point guard who plays angles really well and is always in control. I think she is the most important piece for Holy Cross. She was terrific tonight.

Turner is a solid scorer and can knock down 3's. Tucker plays under control and will make open shots. Hassert sp? plays her role very well.

One chink in the armor for Holy Cross that I see, is I don't think they are very deep.

They just are hard to guard if they make perimeter shots. They can stretch you and open up the paint for Mayhaus.

Plus they have the experience. Region finals last year? Won the All-A this year. Experienced group.

 

Englemon? Think you mean Dajah McClendon.

Yes, Hassert is how it is spelled.

No, thev weren't in the region finals last year.

10930162_1039758486034200_1348518882855850466_n.jpg

 

Other pictures from the game:

 

Great win for the Indians.

 

This may be what Holmes needed if they want to take the regional title. Wake up call?

If you can't score you can't press. Simple as that. Holmes really struggled versus the 1-2-2 or 3-2 that Holy Cross employed.

I don't think that Holmes scored a field goal in the 3rd quarter and the Mayhaus twins caused a lot of issues for Holmes in the paint.

The Lady Bulldogs seemed to be too passive and didn't move the ball very well.

Englemon played well for Holmes, but the rest of the crew had an off night. Tubbs is nowhere near where she was earlier in the season before her injury. That hurts them in the halfcourt. The Bulldogs are a very young team and are entering uncharted waters and playing in pressure packed games. They should learn from this.

Credit the Indians who just ooze experience and have everthing you need and the look of a region champion.

Mayhaus was big one both ends of the her sister who doesn't play as much played well too.

Englemon ran the offense and played really well. I was very surprised to see she didn't make the all-tournament team.

It will take a yeoman's effort to knock Holy Cross off in the region.

 

I think you meant McClendon. Engelmon was on the "All Tourney" team and well deserved. Saying that, I too was surprised that D. McClendon wasn't selected to the "All Tourney" team.

I think you meant McClendon. Engelmon was on the "All Tourney" team and well deserved. Saying that, I too was surprised that D. McClendon wasn't selected to the "All Tourney" team.

 

Guess the reasoning was 4 players from one team was too many. But I agree McClendon should have been selected

All-Tourny selections

K.Stokes-Beechwood

Hellmann-NDA

Englemon-Holmes

Stovall-Holmes

Tucker-Holy Cross

Mayhaus-Holy Cross

Turner-Holy Cross

 

And one Kid from Covington Latin if anyone knows her name please add her so she gets the recognition she deserves also

Zalla-Covington Latin but I may be wrong

Zalla-Covington Latin but I may be wrong

 

Probably correct

6 8 3 13 - 30

Covington Holy Cross 11 16 11 14 - 52

 

 

Holmes (28-2) – McClendon-Englemon 16, Tubbs 6, Harris 4, Mayes 2, Gulley 2.

 

Covington Holy Cross (26-3) – A. Mayhaus 15, McClendon 11, Turner 10, Tucker 9, C. Mayhaus 2.

 

3-point goals – Turner 1, McClendon 1, Tucker 1.

above box was missing some points for HC. Corrected box:

 

Holmes (28-2): Mayes 0 2 2, Harris 2 0 4, Tubbs 1 4 6, Gulley 1 0 2, McClendon-Englemon 4 8 16. Totals 8 14 30.

 

Holy Cross (26-3): Turner 2 5 10, McClendon 3 4 11, Hassert 1 0 2, Tucker 4 0 9, C. Mayhaus 2 1 5, A. Mayhaus 6 3 15. Totals 18 13 52.

 

Halftime, HC 27-14. 3-pointers: Holmes 0, HC 3 (Turner, McClendon, Tucker).

I think you meant McClendon. Engelmon was on the "All Tourney" team and well deserved. Saying that, I too was surprised that D. McClendon wasn't selected to the "All Tourney" team.

You are right, I got mixed up. McClendon was very good and surprised she didn't make the all-tournament team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.