Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northeastern KY all star game

Featured Replies

Im hearing that a NEKY all star game has been set up with a East vs West style. Players chosen for the game have been sent letters of invatation. This is a senior only game.

Teams from the East include Ashland,Russell,Boyd County,Fairview,Raceland and some other teams too. Teams from the west include Rowan County,Bath County, Montgomery County, Lewis County, East and West Carter, and their might be more as well. I know im missing alot of teams from both sides but just couldn't come up with all the information needed.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goliath: I saw one of the letters. This is the first year and they are calling it the Senior Bowl (I think).

 

I’m working from memory here and may still be missing some schools – if so, I apologize. But, the East also included Greenup Co. and Lawrence Co. in addition to the teams you listed. The West also included Mason Co., Fleming Co. and Clark Co.

 

Fairview’s coach will have the East team and the new Lewis Co. coach will have the West team. The game is scheduled for June 9th at Fairview.

 

I believe that the head coaches from these high schools were asked to submit 3 or 4 names each. It will be interesting to see how this develops. It could be a fun game watching local rivals working together.

  • Author

I've also heard that only 3 players from each school were nominated. I believe Ian Holbrook,Angel Gurule, and Tyler Reliford are playing for Ashland. At this point i would conisder the east to be the favorite.

Another question... why would this game be at Fairview? No offense but they probably have the worst football complex of all the schools listed.

  • Author
Goliath: I saw one of the letters. This is the first year and they are calling it the Senior Bowl (I think).

 

I’m working from memory here and may still be missing some schools – if so, I apologize. But, the East also included Greenup Co. and Lawrence Co. in addition to the teams you listed. The West also included Mason Co., Fleming Co. and Clark Co.

 

Fairview’s coach will have the East team and the new Lewis Co. coach will have the West team. The game is scheduled for June 9th at Fairview.

 

I believe that the head coaches from these high schools were asked to submit 3 or 4 names each. It will be interesting to see how this develops. It could be a fun game watching local rivals working together.

I've also learned that East Carter is playing for the East, and the West also includes Nicholas county i believe.

Another question... why would this game be at Fairview? No offense but they probably have the worst football complex of all the schools listed.

 

 

Perhaps some admins are leary of the insurance issue in this type competition?

 

Woody Jr

 

 

 

 

..... still hating those new OSU jerseys :cry:

The following information was taken directly from one of the letters that were sent out.

 

The name of the event is: Eastern Kentucky East/West Senior Bowl. It is identified as the 1st annual.

 

East Team:

Ashland, Boyd Co., East Carter, Fairview, Greenup Co., Lawrence Co., Raceland, Russell, and West Carter

Head Coach: Chad Tackett (Fairview)

 

West Team:

Bath Co., Fleming Co., George Rogers Clark, Lewis Co., Mason Co., Montgomery Co., Morgan Co., Nicholas Co., and Rowan Co.

Head Coach: Corky Prater (Lewis Co.)

 

To be played at Fairview High School on June 9th at 7:30 p.m.

 

The letter did not explain the selection process. Tom Posey (Maysville) is listed as the Game Director.

  • Author
The following information was taken directly from one of the letters that were sent out.

 

The name of the event is: Eastern Kentucky East/West Senior Bowl. It is identified as the 1st annual.

 

East Team:

Ashland, Boyd Co., East Carter, Fairview, Greenup Co., Lawrence Co., Raceland, Russell, and West Carter

Head Coach: Chad Tackett (Fairview)

 

West Team:

Bath Co., Fleming Co., George Rogers Clark, Lewis Co., Mason Co., Montgomery Co., Morgan Co., Nicholas Co., and Rowan Co.

Head Coach: Corky Prater (Lewis Co.)

 

To be played at Fairview High School on June 9th at 7:30 p.m.

 

The letter did not explain the selection process. Tom Posey (Maysville) is listed as the Game Director.

Thanks for the info Graybeard sounds fun!

Anyone else have any info who made it from each teams??

  • Author

When will a roster be released?

When will a roster be released?

 

 

The athlete responses are due by April 21st – so, sometime after that I guess.

 

I think Adam Cannoy was also invited from Ashland. I haven’t heard any names from the other schools.

This is GREAT!!! I applaude the people that got this together. I have always felt like Eastern KY has missed out on a great experience and a chance for those guys to build lifelong friendships. I hope to get down to see this one!

This is great and is this going to be a yearly event? Will be good for the kids. They have played each other for years coming up thru league ball and it will be good for them to play together. Cause friendship last a life time. Coach Tackett is a great pick for this. His heart is in the right direction. Is there a set number from each school for this or just all Seniors that have played and that want to? This will be a big task for Chad and his asst. But this is a great thing. What about the players that have sign to play somewhere in college. Are there any stipulations.

What kids from Russell (AA State Champs 2006)are playing. You didn't think I would leave that out !!!!!!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire:

I've also heard that only 3 players from each school were nominated. I believe Ian Holbrook,Angel Gurule, and Tyler Reliford are playing for Ashland. At this point i would conisder the east to be the favorite.

Another question... why would this game be at Fairview? No offense but they probably have the worst football complex of all the schools listed.

You got that one right :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.