Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky 77 Lipscomb 60

Featured Replies

NKU played a great frst half and built a 21 pt. lead and coasted the rest of the way. TYler White had 18 in the half mostly from 3 pt. land. With the win NKU tied Lipscomb for 4th place in the conference, which would get them a home conference tournament game. Tough one Thurday at home against Florida Gulf Coast. Need a big crowd, $1.00 beer night, no excuse not to come.

Would like to hear the attendance #'s, where is BOKC Wildcat?

Would like to hear the attendance #'s, where is BOKC Wildcat?

 

He might be busy changing his name to BB&T Wildcat?

Would like to hear the attendance #'s, where is BOKC Wildcat?

 

The ACTUAL attendance was 2,917. Not quite what the BOKC and NKU people had hoped. Not sure why more people were not at the game. It was Homecoming Night and they had a pretty good student turnout, but we were expecting a few more. Then again, the interest level for NKU basketball just is not there. It is too bad because the men had a nice win.

Would like to hear the attendance #'s, where is BOKC Wildcat?

 

The NKU people just estimate the women's crowd when they play a doubleheader, but at one point in the first half there were over 800 fans. With the Chili stuff going on last night, it was a nightmare trying to keep everything in line. They let so many people in on freebies not sure anyone could have kept an accurate attendance figure.

 

My own eyeball estimate was around 3,200, but the ACTUAL attendance by the SMG brass is 2,917. I saw the figure. The NKU guy then gets the numbers for students (which I understand is a nightmare to calculate) and they add in season tickets that did not show up, players, coaches, media, band, dancers. Like I said, so many freebies got in last night for the Chili cooking it made it impossible for an accurate count.

He might be busy changing his name to BB&T Wildcat?

 

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm still standing! Do you know LadyNorse1975? lol!

Would like to hear the attendance #'s, where is BOKC Wildcat?

 

What last night's attendance did do is reinforce my strong belief NKU women need to play ALL games in Regents Hall, if they can get the mice and other pests under control. Then, NKU and SMG need to get together before the season and pick out the games the NKU men will need more seats and play those in the BOKC.

 

To not half fill the BOKC last night on Homecoming should send all kinds of red flags to the people running NKU. I really thought there would be more people in attendance. Watch how many people are in the BOKC next weekend for the high school doubleheader, and they don't have $1.00 dollar Beer Night either.

 

One of the biggest NKU boosters who I will not name said it's because of the style of play, but I disagree. The men scored 40 points in the first half, what do you want? I feel sorry for Coach Beez because you can tell some of those in power positions are gathering to make him the CYA scapegoat. They had a really nice guy for an assistant coach last year named Kurt Young, been there several years. I know this for a fact, Kurt was let go because the Athletic Director needed a scapegoat for their season. I hope they don't do the same to Coach Beez at the end of this season.

The NKU people just estimate the women's crowd when they play a doubleheader, but at one point in the first half there were over 800 fans. With the Chili stuff going on last night, it was a nightmare trying to keep everything in line. They let so many people in on freebies not sure anyone could have kept an accurate attendance figure.

 

My own eyeball estimate was around 3,200, but the ACTUAL attendance by the SMG brass is 2,917. I saw the figure. The NKU guy then gets the numbers for students (which I understand is a nightmare to calculate) and they add in season tickets that did not show up, players, coaches, media, band, dancers. Like I said, so many freebies got in last night for the Chili cooking it made it impossible for an accurate count.

 

They don't require a ticket or student ID for every person entering the venue, free or not? If not, whoever is running that venue is extremely incompetent.

They don't require a ticket or student ID for every person entering the venue, free or not? If not, whoever is running that venue is extremely incompetent.

 

NKU lets so many freebies in, it's insane. The SMG brass can only do so much. I thought there were more students at the game last night than all season, but one of the NKU people said no. The disconnect between NKU and SMG continues!

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm still standing! Do you know LadyNorse1975? lol!

 

Nope, just read an article they are talking about the name of the arena being changed.

Probably didn't help for the casual fan that UK had a big game at 9:00. Or Louisville at 7:00.

 

I was there and enjoyed it. Left in time to get to Growlers/Dunkers for the Cats game.

 

Enjoyed the chili.

The NKU women won as well and had a nice crowd. I say at least two thousand or over. Lots of students in attendance, great night for the Lady Norse and Norsemen!

How many does the lower bowl hold?

  • Author
What last night's attendance did do is reinforce my strong belief NKU women need to play ALL games in Regents Hall, if they can get the mice and other pests under control. Then, NKU and SMG need to get together before the season and pick out the games the NKU men will need more seats and play those in the BOKC.

 

To not half fill the BOKC last night on Homecoming should send all kinds of red flags to the people running NKU. I really thought there would be more people in attendance. Watch how many people are in the BOKC next weekend for the high school doubleheader, and they don't have $1.00 dollar Beer Night either.

 

One of the biggest NKU boosters who I will not name said it's because of the style of play, but I disagree. The men scored 40 points in the first half, what do you want? I feel sorry for Coach Beez because you can tell some of those in power positions are gathering to make him the CYA scapegoat. They had a really nice guy for an assistant coach last year named Kurt Young, been there several years. I know this for a fact, Kurt was let go because the Athletic Director needed a scapegoat for their season. I hope they don't do the same to Coach Beez at the end of this season.

 

I don't see why the SMG and NKU can't work together on scheduling. The conference games are on Thursdays and Saturdays, have other events on Sun. Thru Wed. I was sitting next to NKU woman's recruit sat., and she mentioned how nice the arena was and that it was a factor in her decision. I think coach P would not like it if she lost the BOKC as their home. and we would probably lose an awfully good coach.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.