Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky 77 Lipscomb 60

Featured Replies

  • Author
NKU lets so many freebies in, it's insane. The SMG brass can only do so much. I thought there were more students at the game last night than all season, but one of the NKU people said no. The disconnect between NKU and SMG continues!

 

Kind of like BOKC Wildcat instead of BOKC Norse. LOL Why does BOKC staff wear blue and not black or gold? Don't see that any other college events.

Kind of like BOKC Wildcat instead of BOKC Norse. LOL Why does BOKC staff wear blue and not black or gold? Don't see that any other college events.

 

Maybe so that they could be easily seen if needed? Not sure.

  • Author
NKU lets so many freebies in, it's insane. The SMG brass can only do so much. I thought there were more students at the game last night than all season, but one of the NKU people said no. The disconnect between NKU and SMG continues!

 

I've been to every game, it was by far the most students all year. It's a shame that they only come for homecoming and not to support the basketball teams.

They don't require a ticket or student ID for every person entering the venue, free or not? If not, whoever is running that venue is extremely incompetent.

 

I know students have their student ID swiped when they enter the arena.

 

What last night's attendance did do is reinforce my strong belief NKU women need to play ALL games in Regents Hall, if they can get the mice and other pests under control. Then, NKU and SMG need to get together before the season and pick out the games the NKU men will need more seats and play those in the BOKC.

 

To not half fill the BOKC last night on Homecoming should send all kinds of red flags to the people running NKU. I really thought there would be more people in attendance. Watch how many people are in the BOKC next weekend for the high school doubleheader, and they don't have $1.00 dollar Beer Night either.

 

One of the biggest NKU boosters who I will not name said it's because of the style of play, but I disagree. The men scored 40 points in the first half, what do you want? I feel sorry for Coach Beez because you can tell some of those in power positions are gathering to make him the CYA scapegoat. They had a really nice guy for an assistant coach last year named Kurt Young, been there several years. I know this for a fact, Kurt was let go because the Athletic Director needed a scapegoat for their season. I hope they don't do the same to Coach Beez at the end of this season.

 

OR (and this is a crazy thought so try to follow it) they can continue to play in the BOKC since the first goal of building the BOKC was for NKU athletics...

I was there and had a great time. It was my first ever NKU game and i plan on attending many more.

Kind of like BOKC Wildcat instead of BOKC Norse. LOL Why does BOKC staff wear blue and not black or gold? Don't see that any other college events.

 

We don't work for NKU, can't you understand that? Also, Coach P. leaving would be of a great benefit to NKU if you ask around their own department. NKU's own staffers cal her Coach Plitzu-Gripe because she is always complaining about something. She is buddies with the AD and the President of NKU is apparently enamored with her. lol.

I don't see why the SMG and NKU can't work together on scheduling. The conference games are on Thursdays and Saturdays, have other events on Sun. Thru Wed. I was sitting next to NKU woman's recruit sat., and she mentioned how nice the arena was and that it was a factor in her decision. I think coach P would not like it if she lost the BOKC as their home. and we would probably lose an awfully good coach.

 

You lost an awfully good coach when Nancy Winstel left and replaced her with a woman who is just there until the next job opens up, a stepping stone is all NKU means to Coach P. Coach Winstel won two national championships for NKU and I understand her recruits are the only reason NKU is winning right now.

You lost an awfully good coach when Nancy Winstel left and replaced her with a woman who is just there until the next job opens up, a stepping stone is all NKU means to Coach P. Coach Winstel won two national championships for NKU and I understand her recruits are the only reason NKU is winning right now.

 

I can't believe I agree with you on another subject. Twice in one day!

  • Author
You lost an awfully good coach when Nancy Winstel left and replaced her with a woman who is just there until the next job opens up, a stepping stone is all NKU means to Coach P. Coach Winstel won two national championships for NKU and I understand her recruits are the only reason NKU is winning right now.

 

Who ever said Nancy wasn't, I really like Nancy but she retired. For not being an NKU employee you sure know a lot of gossip.

  • Author
We don't work for NKU, can't you understand that? Also, Coach P. leaving would be of a great benefit to NKU if you ask around their own department. NKU's own staffers cal her Coach Plitzu-Gripe because she is always complaining about something. She is buddies with the AD and the President of NKU is apparently enamored with her. lol.

 

 

I understand you don't work for NKU, but they are your customer and all you do is bash them. I for one can't stand the way the SMG runs the BOKC.

Who ever said Nancy wasn't, I really like Nancy but she retired. For not being an NKU employee you sure know a lot of gossip.

 

All you have to do to be part of the NKU gossip is walk over into their part of the suite near the basketball offices! lol. The managers are the best sources for news in that part of the building, or over by the laundry room. And SMG employees wear Blue because that is the company's colors, to answer your previous question. We ARE NOT employed by NKU, we are paid by SMG.

I understand you don't work for NKU, but they are your customer and all you do is bash them. I for one can't stand the way the SMG runs the BOKC.

 

Well, you will get to enjoy the comfort, mice and asbestos in Regents Hall in just two weeks for the women's game. lol.

^ Dude just give it up already. If the asbestos is that big of a concern and you were truly worried you would be on the phone with the health department 24/7 getting it addressed.

I understand you don't work for NKU, but they are your customer and all you do is bash them. I for one can't stand the way the SMG runs the BOKC.

 

Yep. The lack of professionalism is pretty sad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.