Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 50 Ryle 45 OT

Featured Replies

Holmes is clearly not the same team without Tubbs, Hope she's back soon

It was no 15 point blow out, and to go OT, says a lot, even if Tubbs was out. They beat Highlands without her. Interesting, as I've said, there are sleeper teams out there.

Lady dogs missed a high amount of free throws tonight that could have easily put this game out of reach. Their half court sets looked really bad all night. Foul trouble kept them from applying pressure tonight in the second half. Unless the dogs develope a consistant game plan that involves their bigs they will continue to struggle against teams like tonight. Ryle at one point took the lead late in regulation but from their youth could not hold on. Really was surprised by the energy displayed tonight by my Lady Dogs may have been a little tired tonight. But over all good win and congrats to Ryle they really have a lot of peices to develope and build upon would not over look them come tourney time.

Lady dogs missed a high amount of free throws tonight that could have easily put this game out of reach. Their half court sets looked really bad all night. Foul trouble kept them from applying pressure tonight in the second half. Unless the dogs develope a consistant game plan that involves their bigs they will continue to struggle against teams like tonight. Ryle at one point took the lead late in regulation but from their youth could not hold on. Really was surprised by the energy displayed tonight by my Lady Dogs may have been a little tired tonight. But over all good win and congrats to Ryle they really have a lot of peices to develope and build upon would not over look them come tourney time.

 

I agree Oldjams. I feel Ryle and Holmes have the most tools in the toolbox. But carrying the biggest toolbox doesn't always win you the job. Have to know how to use those tools!

It was a good game refs were about the same as I've seen all year. I did find it strange that the air ball air ball chant I thought was coming from the Holmes fans was actually coming from their bench. I guess nothing wrong with it just seemed strange..

  • Author

What was strange was the Ryle students mocking Holmes coach. Got to the point where it was borderline disrespectful

Agreed fans do take it to the extreme sometimes. I was on the Ryle side other than one of my AAU players playing for Ryle I really don't have a dog in the fight but I've been around this a long time and never heard a bench with the air ball chant..

Congrats to Holmes for the good OT win...this game had runs by both teams with the Bulldogs jumping to a double digit lead quick...I believe Holmes was up by 10 at the end of 1st quarter..Ryle settled down in the 2nd with #20 (8th grader Mcgregor) helping to break the press and Ryles bigs taking away most of Holmes inside looks...the bulldogs hit some impressive 3's to to keep the 5 point lead at the half (# 12 and # 4 nice shooters). The 3rd was a back and forth battle with Ryle cutting it to 4. Lady Raiders actually took the lead with somewhere around 3 minutes to go but Holmes quick defense led to some timely steels with Holmes finishing at the other end. It looked like Ryle might hold on to win but Holmes hit a big basket to tie then turned ryle over and had the ball with 40 seconds left. Lady Raiders played tough D, denied a game winner by Holmes and shot the ball down the floor where Raiders #23 (Jump) hit a 3 that would have given the upset win..waived off by ref and on to OT. Holmes D really stepped up in OT and Lady Raiders turned the ball over too many times....not sure if fatigued but also not sure why one of the best shooters, #10 (Jones) did not get back in the game for OT..All in all, a hard fought game and good luck to Holmes the rest of the way..they are the real deal. But I believe the Lady Raiders head to tournament time understanding who they are and the opportunity that could be there.

Holmes is pretty awesome! I think they are the toughest team in NKY this season and will represent NKY well in the tourney.

What was strange was the Ryle students mocking Holmes coach. Got to the point where it was borderline disrespectful

 

Do you mean they were making fun of the coach? How?

  • Author

Ryles whole student section did every thing Coach Perkins did the entire game. For spectators if may or may not been funny but as a coach I would have been annoyed

Ryles whole student section did every thing Coach Perkins did the entire game. For spectators if may or may not been funny but as a coach I would have been annoyed

 

Gotcha. Harmless fun. Seen it before. Heck, I've seen coaches being "mocked" smile at it when they noticed.

 

Why would you be annoyed as a coach?

Ryles whole student section did every thing Coach Perkins did the entire game. For spectators if may or may not been funny but as a coach I would have been annoyed

I have seen Cov Cath Crazies do this as well. Must be a trend.

Do you mean they were making fun of the coach? How?

 

I believe "imitating" would be a better term...it wS just an exciting environment with students really in to the game ...yes there were some chants of "sit down coach" but nothing more than you would see in any spirited environment.

I believe "imitating" would be a better term...it wS just an exciting environment with students really in to the game ...yes there were some chants of "sit down coach" but nothing more than you would see in any spirited environment.

 

Thank goodness fans showed up. That's a rarity in NKY. Have fun , kids. Just keep it clean.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.