Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypothetical: 50-1 Odds On UK Going Undefeated

Featured Replies

Assume you went to Vegas this summer and put $100 on UK to go undefeated at 50:1 odds.

 

Bill Gates walks in your door with a wad of cash and tells you that you can make one offer to him, and if he likes it, he'll buy your ticket, which may be worth $50,000 or may cost you $100.

 

What number do you quote him, and what's the lowest amount you'd actually take to sell that ticket and walk away with your money back and a profit?

LOL.. If your thinking about selling your ticket, I would advise against it. If you do want to sell it, throw me a number lol.

  • Author
LOL.. If your thinking about selling your ticket, I would advise against it. If you do want to sell it, throw me a number lol.

 

I don't actually have one, but if someone gave me $25K - $30K for it, I'd probably sell in a heartbeat and let them take the chance on winning the rest while still giving them better odds than Vegas would.

I'd probably sell for half, $25,000.

 

The Banker on Deal or No Deal would offer you $3,600 for it!

Assume you went to Vegas this summer and put $100 on UK to go undefeated at 50:1 odds.

 

Bill Gates walks in your door with a wad of cash and tells you that you can make one offer to him, and if he likes it, he'll buy your ticket, which may be worth $50,000 or may cost you $100.

 

What number do you quote him, and what's the lowest amount you'd actually take to sell that ticket and walk away with your money back and a profit?

 

Your ticket is worth $5000 if you win, not $50,000.

 

I would hold the ticket, lot's of fun if you win. If you lose, the ride only cost $100.

I'd sell it for $1,000 and be fine with that investment.

I'd probably sell for half, $25,000.

 

The Banker on Deal or No Deal would offer you $3,600 for it!

 

After realizing I too made math faux pa I'll sell for $2,500

 

Deal or No Deal Banker would offer around $400

I'd sell my bet for $200 right now.

 

How much was your bet?

How much was your bet?

 

$100... I'd double my money.

 

$100... I'd double my money.

 

If we were allowed to gamble on here I'd help you double your bet.

  • Author
Your ticket is worth $5000 if you win, not $50,000.

 

I would hold the ticket, lot's of fun if you win. If you lose, the ride only cost $100.

 

I've never been great at math.

 

I'd still sell my $100 for half and feel fine about it.

If we were allowed to gamble on here I'd help you double your bet.
Gamble all you want, just not in the high school forums, and not on high school games or athletes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.