February 5, 201511 yr NKU Men and Women play a double header against Lipscomb at the BOK Center Saturday at 4:00 and 7:00. It is Homecomming and the conference games are important to both teams. At 4:00 the women are playing for second place in the conference. With a loss against FGCU and a win by NKU, Stetson and NKU would be tied for second at 5-3. The Men's game is also interesting because Lipscomb is one game ahead of NKU in the standings in fourth place. A win by NKU can move them into a tie for 4th and a chance to host a first round conference tournament game. The top 4 teams play at home the first round of the conference tournament. Would be nice to have a post season men's game at home.
February 5, 201511 yr There's a chili cookoff at 5:00pm on the Terrace level of the arena as well. Tons of participants and varieties too. My lady and I will be in attendance.
February 5, 201511 yr Isn't this one of the $1 draft games too? That sure would be awesome if it was, but I haven't seen that advertised anywhere. In the past, those games were usually on Thursday nights.
February 5, 201511 yr I predict an announced attendance of 6,700 but a real attendance of about 4,000.
February 5, 201511 yr I predict an announced attendance of 6,700 but a real attendance of about 4,000. I'll just wait for the offical word from BOKwildcat! :sssh:
February 5, 201511 yr Would love to make this one (it'd be my first as an alumni) but I will be out of town this weekend.
February 5, 201511 yr I'll just wait for the offical word from BOKwildcat! :sssh: Depends on how many NKU students show. The frats and girls will be there for the King and Queen announcement at halftime of the men's game. Sadly, they all leave right after that is made. I would say the ACTUAL attendance will be anywhere between 2,500 and 3,000 for the men's game. Look for 200 or so for tip off of the women's game. That one should be played in Regents Hall. lol. But the women will get their chance in Regents Hall in a couple of weeks against Kennesaw State for Retro Night (wink, wink).
February 5, 201511 yr I'll just wait for the offical word from BOKwildcat! :sssh: Heard more today on the Regents Hall situation as well . . . Mice and other rodents, but they did not call the exterminator! lol! A current professor also mentioned Asbestos particles in Regents Hall. Hope they can play that women's game at Holmes High School against Kennesaw State! lol!
February 5, 201511 yr Depends on how many NKU students show. The frats and girls will be there for the King and Queen announcement at halftime of the men's game. Sadly, they all leave right after that is made. I would say the ACTUAL attendance will be anywhere between 2,500 and 3,000 for the men's game. Look for 200 or so for tip off of the women's game. That one should be played in Regents Hall. lol. But the women will get their chance in Regents Hall in a couple of weeks against Kennesaw State for Retro Night (wink, wink). I am sick of hearing about the women's sports bashings by NKU haters and want to respond. I played for Coach Scroggin on the first Lady Norse teams years ago and the women were always treated great by the staff and professors. Women's Basketball and Volleyball were better than Men's Basketball by far when NKSC started sports for women. To hear this man/woman BOKC Wildcat continually speak negatively about NKU Women's Basketball attendance is childish. Women's sports at NKU were established to provide opportunities for young women and a path for a college education, not crowds. Who cares about the crowd? Whether it's 100 people of 10,000, it's still a game. I find it also offensive the current NKU administration has chosen to move a women's game to Regents Hall and not the men's as well. Believe me when I say I am not a fan of the current NKU Women's Basketball Head Coach because I think she is all wrong for this campus, but that is another topic. I still can not believe they moved a ASUN conference game to that broken down dump Regents Hall. NKU's Athletics Director Ken Bothof made a big mistake by letting the Bank officials sign something else, agreed to play on a Sunday and then Kennesaw State said no, we want to play on Saturday. They had a contract, but the NKU AD refused to fight of our school and the Women's Head Coach agreed to play in Regents Hall. So playing in Regents Hall is on both the AD and Head Coach. They have allowed NKU Women's Basketball to take a back seat. Marilyn Scroggin Moore, Jane Meier, Nancy Winstel would never have allowed such to happen. I feel sorry for the girls as well. So quit bashing women and learn the facts BOKC Wildcat.
February 5, 201511 yr I am sick of hearing about the women's sports bashings by NKU haters and want to respond. I played for Coach Scroggin on the first Lady Norse teams years ago and the women were always treated great by the staff and professors. Women's Basketball and Volleyball were better than Men's Basketball by far when NKSC started sports for women. To hear this man/woman BOKC Wildcat continually speak negatively about NKU Women's Basketball attendance is childish. Women's sports at NKU were established to provide opportunities for young women and a path for a college education, not crowds. Who cares about the crowd? Whether it's 100 people of 10,000, it's still a game. I find it also offensive the current NKU administration has chosen to move a women's game to Regents Hall and not the men's as well. Believe me when I say I am not a fan of the current NKU Women's Basketball Head Coach because I think she is all wrong for this campus, but that is another topic. I still can not believe they moved a ASUN conference game to that broken down dump Regents Hall. NKU's Athletics Director Ken Bothof made a big mistake by letting the Bank officials sign something else, agreed to play on a Sunday and then Kennesaw State said no, we want to play on Saturday. They had a contract, but the NKU AD refused to fight of our school and the Women's Head Coach agreed to play in Regents Hall. So playing in Regents Hall is on both the AD and Head Coach. They have allowed NKU Women's Basketball to take a back seat. Marilyn Scroggin Moore, Jane Meier, Nancy Winstel would never have allowed such to happen. I feel sorry for the girls as well. So quit bashing women and learn the facts BOKC Wildcat. I never bashed, just gave attendance facts. You are wrong about the crowds as well. IT DOES INDEED MATTER how many people show up as the BOKC is there to make money, not provide young women with an education as you state. SMG runs the BOKC to bring in revenue, NKU women's basketball loses money by playing their games there. What is so hard to understand about that? I can tell you are going to say Title 9 and all that stuff, but this is the real world, not some idealistic college sports island where you can get your way playing the female card. SMG cares about making money, accommodating NKU for each home game and they do that or we would have more and better concerts and acts. I know all about the contract with Kennesaw State, and you are correct on that point. You are wrong about making the men play in Regents Hall just to make a equality point. Now I think MOST NKU men's games would be better served in Regents Hall, with selected games in the BOKC. I think ALL women's games should be in Regents Hall. If they can call an exterminator, that is, and get the Asbestos removed. lol.
February 5, 201511 yr Author I never bashed, just gave attendance facts. You are wrong about the crowds as well. IT DOES INDEED MATTER how many people show up as the BOKC is there to make money, not provide young women with an education as you state. SMG runs the BOKC to bring in revenue, NKU women's basketball loses money by playing their games there. What is so hard to understand about that? I can tell you are going to say Title 9 and all that stuff, but this is the real world, not some idealistic college sports island where you can get your way playing the female card. SMG cares about making money, accommodating NKU for each home game and they do that or we would have more and better concerts and acts. I know all about the contract with Kennesaw State, and you are correct on that point. You are wrong about making the men play in Regents Hall just to make a equality point. Now I think MOST NKU men's games would be better served in Regents Hall, with selected games in the BOKC. I think ALL women's games should be in Regents Hall. If they can call an exterminator, that is, and get the Asbestos removed. lol. Nothing wrong with playing a game or two in Regents, but certainly not all games. That would be a huge recruiting mistake, just ask some of the current players.
February 5, 201511 yr Heard more today on the Regents Hall situation as well . . . Mice and other rodents, but they did not call the exterminator! lol! A current professor also mentioned Asbestos particles in Regents Hall. Hope they can play that women's game at Holmes High School against Kennesaw State! lol! I'm pretty sure they host volleyball tournaments for club teams in Regents all the time. I believe that they also have softball hitting camps or something like that occurring in there. From my understanding, Regents Hall is used pretty frequently still. Doesn't the women's volleyball team still have their games there also? Because of the renovation to the Rec Center, I believe intramural basketball games were going to be played there as well. If there was an Asbestos issue, I highly doubt any of those things would be going on. I highly doubt all of these activities would be occurring in there if the situation was as grave as you're painting it out to be.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.