Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU VS Lipscomb

Featured Replies

  • Author
I am sick of hearing about the women's sports bashings by NKU haters and want to respond. I played for Coach Scroggin on the first Lady Norse teams years ago and the women were always treated great by the staff and professors. Women's Basketball and Volleyball were better than Men's Basketball by far when NKSC started sports for women.

 

To hear this man/woman BOKC Wildcat continually speak negatively about NKU Women's Basketball attendance is childish. Women's sports at NKU were established to provide opportunities for young women and a path for a college education, not crowds. Who cares about the crowd? Whether it's 100 people of 10,000, it's still a game.

 

I find it also offensive the current NKU administration has chosen to move a women's game to Regents Hall and not the men's as well. Believe me when I say I am not a fan of the current NKU Women's Basketball Head Coach because I think she is all wrong for this campus, but that is another topic. I still can not believe they moved a ASUN conference game to that broken down dump Regents Hall. NKU's Athletics Director Ken Bothof made a big mistake by letting the Bank officials sign something else, agreed to play on a Sunday and then Kennesaw State said no, we want to play on Saturday. They had a contract, but the NKU AD refused to fight of our school and the Women's Head Coach agreed to play in Regents Hall.

 

So playing in Regents Hall is on both the AD and Head Coach. They have allowed NKU Women's Basketball to take a back seat. Marilyn Scroggin Moore, Jane Meier, Nancy Winstel would never have allowed such to happen. I feel sorry for the girls as well.

 

So quit bashing women and learn the facts BOKC Wildcat.

 

Was with you until you started bashing Coach P, the current women's coach. She is a very good coach and great for the university, very outgoing and approachable. A lot like Kenny Shields and Nancy Winstill.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never bashed, just gave attendance facts. You are wrong about the crowds as well. IT DOES INDEED MATTER how many people show up as the BOKC is there to make money, not provide young women with an education as you state.

 

SMG runs the BOKC to bring in revenue, NKU women's basketball loses money by playing their games there. What is so hard to understand about that? I can tell you are going to say Title 9 and all that stuff, but this is the real world, not some idealistic college sports island where you can get your way playing the female card. SMG cares about making money, accommodating NKU for each home game and they do that or we would have more and better concerts and acts.

 

I know all about the contract with Kennesaw State, and you are correct on that point. You are wrong about making the men play in Regents Hall just to make a equality point. Now I think MOST NKU men's games would be better served in Regents Hall, with selected games in the BOKC. I think ALL women's games should be in Regents Hall. If they can call an exterminator, that is, and get the Asbestos removed. lol.

 

I had no intention of bringing up Title IX as that is not applicable to where they play. My point is who cares how many people are in the stands? You make an issue out of it and single out the women.

 

Why don't you bring up the small crowds the men draw? From looking at some of your past posts on other threads, it's all about bashing the women's crowds. I attended the men's game against UC Clermont two months ago and there weren't 500 people in the stands. Yet I was at the women's game last Saturday and I know there were over a thousand in attendance.

 

If your point about mice and asbestos is anywhere near accurate, the women better not play in Regents Hall later this season or there will be enough lawsuits from fans and players parents to fill up The Bank of Kentucky.

If your point about mice and asbestos is anywhere near accurate, the women better not play in Regents Hall later this season or there will be enough lawsuits from fans and players parents to fill up The Bank of Kentucky.

 

I have a really hard time believe his comments regarding asbestos are accurate considering all the other activities that take place in Regents. He's just trying to stir up trouble.

 

Any building that was built before '78-79 probably has asbestos in it. That doesn't mean there is an asbestos issue. I'd be willing to bet many of the schools that BGP members went or have kids going to, has asbestos in it. Doesn't mean they have an asbestos problem either. Just have to make sure its controlled or abated.

Was with you until you started bashing Coach P, the current women's coach. She is a very good coach and great for the university, very outgoing and approachable. A lot like Kenny Shields and Nancy Winstill.

 

Ask former assistant Coach Gabby Johnson about how "great" Coach P. is for NKU. Gabby is a great young lady who Coach P. sent packing without even telling her. She even had her new assistant coach move into Gabby's office while Gabby was still working there. Ask around to those in the "Lady Norse" family about Coach P.

 

Ask about Michele Cottrell's number 22 jersey while your at it and what went on there to allow a current player to wear it. You might change your opinion of Coach P.

I have a really hard time believe his comments regarding asbestos are accurate considering all the other activities that take place in Regents. He's just trying to stir up trouble.

 

Any building that was built before '78-79 probably has asbestos in it. That doesn't mean there is an asbestos issue. I'd be willing to bet many of the schools that BGP members went or have kids going to, has asbestos in it. Doesn't mean they have an asbestos problem either. Just have to make sure its controlled or abated.

 

He better not be right. If he is . . .

He better not be right. If he is . . .

 

I think he's brought some interesting points and some good statistically information, not sure I always agree with his opinion. On the asbestos part, I feel like he's trying to just stir up some extra trouble. But I've been wrong on here before.

I think he's brought some interesting points and some good statistically information, not sure I always agree with his opinion. On the asbestos part, I feel like he's trying to just stir up some extra trouble. But I've been wrong on here before.

 

OK, which one is it MJ? You admit asbestos is part of those types of building, and a prof tells us there is asbestos in Regents Hall. So both of you are correct! That's all I said! They have mice problems as well and have for several years he told us. I am not a health inspector, are you?

Ask former assistant Coach Gabby Johnson about how "great" Coach P. is for NKU. Gabby is a great young lady who Coach P. sent packing without even telling her. She even had her new assistant coach move into Gabby's office while Gabby was still working there. Ask around to those in the "Lady Norse" family about Coach P.

 

Ask about Michele Cottrell's number 22 jersey while your at it and what went on there to allow a current player to wear it. You might change your opinion of Coach P.

 

I remember Gabby from a few years ago. Very nice young lady. Funny you mention that because there was a big stir in the BOKC because the male assistant coach they hired was living in the BOKC women basketball locker room and taking showers in the BOKC officials locker rooms for a couple of weeks. He had not found a place to live so he lived in the BOKC until Bill Kashatus saw it on the BOKC surveillance camera and reported it!

 

Back to the point, Gabby is now the head coach for a college team in Illinois. She will have her day when she can tell her side of the story with Coach P. and that whole bad situation.

OK, which one is it MJ? You admit asbestos is part of those types of building, and a prof tells us there is asbestos in Regents Hall. So both of you are correct! That's all I said! They have mice problems as well and have for several years he told us. I am not a health inspector, are you?

 

Saying "asbestos is in the building" is not that big of a deal at all because its in buildings that we are in all the time. It is in many of the schools in our area. It's extremely common in buildings that were built before '78-79.

 

Definitely not a health inspector, but been trained enough in OSHA, EPA-AHERA, and etc.

 

I feel like the way you presented it was to simply scare or to get a certain reaction from people who may not know any better or much about it.

 

In my opinion there's no need or place for that on BGP. And maybe the shame should be passed on to that professor.

 

As for the mice, I got nothing.

Saying "asbestos is in the building" is not that big of a deal at all because its in buildings that we are in all the time. It is in many of the schools in our area. It's extremely common in buildings that were built before '78-79.

 

Definitely not a health inspector, but been trained enough in OSHA, EPA-AHERA, and etc.

 

I feel like the way you presented it was to simply scare or to get a certain reaction from people who may not know any better or much about it.

 

In my opinion there's no need or place for that on BGP. And maybe the shame should be passed on to that professor.

 

As for the mice, I got nothing.

 

OK, let's not tell anyone there's asbestos in Regents Hall. You probably didn't like the fact The Washington Post exposed Nixon, Watergate, My Lai Massacre, Gulf of Tonkin, so on, as that's bad news the public didn't need to know about! lol. The public has no right to know, unless it's what kind of breakfast cereal Coach Calipari is eating! lol.

I think he's brought some interesting points and some good statistically information, not sure I always agree with his opinion. On the asbestos part, I feel like he's trying to just stir up some extra trouble. But I've been wrong on here before.

 

This just in, MJ: You are wrong again. I just talked with one of the campus long-range planning execs and they said razing Regents Hall is under consideration because of the condition of the building. I never said one thing about asbestos to this person, just asked about future women's games in Regents Hall. They volunteered to me they were considering razing it and moving the volleyball team to the BOKC in future years to play. They also mentioned problems with the current construction of the Rec Center has caused "unseen and concerning" issues for structures in close proximity.

 

I then walked down to the Rec Center and asked a student worker if they ever heard of mice being in the building. She laughed and said yes, they use mouse traps and that type of thing to catch them!

 

I have never been to a volleyball game, but I would think that might be a stretch for good attendance in the BOKC! lol

If it's so dangerous and such a concern, why are there continually community members in Regents Hall for different activities (e.g. club volleyball games, softball clinics, and etc.)? Sure there might be long term plans in place to remove the building, not sure what that has to do with an immediate safety concern for someone attending a basketball game.

 

Go to the majority of high school gyms in Northern Kentucky besides a few (Ryle, Cooper and anything built since 1979) and I bet you'll find Asbestos in those buildings.

Getting back to the topic, I look forward to the game on Saturday, the 13th annual chili cookoff, and hopefully the Norse can pick up two conference W's.

If it's so dangerous and such a concern, why are there continually community members in Regents Hall for different activities (e.g. club volleyball games, softball clinics, and etc.)? Sure there might be long term plans in place to remove the building, not sure what that has to do with an immediate safety concern for someone attending a basketball game.

 

Go to the majority of high school gyms in Northern Kentucky besides a few (Ryle, Cooper and anything built since 1979) and I bet you'll find Asbestos in those buildings.

 

That is a good question, one that I can not answer. If mice and skunks - yes, that's what the girl in the Rec Center said! - are parading around and inside Regents Hall, I say call the exterminator. I am not very familiar with the ins and outs of asbestos, so I will take your word on that part.

If it's so dangerous and such a concern, why are there continually community members in Regents Hall for different activities (e.g. club volleyball games, softball clinics, and etc.)? Sure there might be long term plans in place to remove the building, not sure what that has to do with an immediate safety concern for someone attending a basketball game.

 

Go to the majority of high school gyms in Northern Kentucky besides a few (Ryle, Cooper and anything built since 1979) and I bet you'll find Asbestos in those buildings.

 

Sorry, it posted twice!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.