Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You know what I hate about the Superbowl?

Featured Replies

A bunch of people that rarely, if ever, watch football watch the game and then give their commentary on Facebook.

 

Like a first snow of the year, or a rainbow day, this is one of those days where avoiding Facebook is a good thing.

It is why I hate Superbowl parties. It is silly for me to worry about it as much as I do, but I like the actual game and don't care about the halftime show or commercials.

 

The best is hearing the commentary down the hall at my office. The ladies talking about it have no clue as to what happens during the game: "If Russell Wilson had just reached out the ball and got the first down, they would have won." Technically that sentence was factual, but not really what they meant by it.

I saw the Marshawn Lynch conspiracy thing on facebook. Just saying...

  • Author
It is why I hate Superbowl parties. It is silly for me to worry about it as much as I do, but I like the actual game and don't care about the halftime show or commercials.

 

The best is hearing the commentary down the hall at my office. The ladies talking about it have no clue as to what happens during the game: "If Russell Wilson had just reached out the ball and got the first down, they would have won." Technically that sentence was factual, but not really what they meant by it.

 

I hear you, I gave up SB parties a long time ago. I want to watch the game without being interrupted by the numerous village idiots.

  • Author
I saw the Marshawn Lynch conspiracy thing on facebook. Just saying...

 

I am not claiming that as my own.

The Superbowl is so HUGE and goes beyond sports.

 

Here is my question: What were you doing if you did not watch the Superbowl? I understand if you had to work or an emergency occurred, but to completely ignore it, even as a non-sport's fan, baffles me. Those "fans" at least tune in for the commercials or halftime show.

I get what your saying. I was at the doctor today and listening to men and women discuss the game that they seemingly have no idea how its played was enough to make me laugh and get a head ache.

 

And more conspiracies going around that Mt Ref and Guru could come up with combined!

I am not claiming that as my own.

 

I know, I just thought it was funny. I literally read that from there about five minutes before you posted that.

The Superbowl is so HUGE and goes beyond sports.

 

Here is my question: What were you doing if you did not watch the Superbowl? I understand if you had to work or an emergency occurred, but to completely ignore it, even as a non-sport's fan, baffles me. Those "fans" at least tune in for the commercials or halftime show.

 

I watched the game at home with three women (wife and two daughters) who could care less about the game. At one point I looked around,and two were on their ipads and one had her nose buried in her phone. I had to tell them every time a commercial break was so they could pay attention.

  • Author
I watched the game at home with three women (wife and two daughters) who could care less about the game. At one point I looked around,and two were on their ipads and one had her nose buried in her phone. I had to tell them every time a commercial break was so they could pay attention.

 

I'm cool with that, at least they are making an effort.

The Superbowl is so HUGE and goes beyond sports.

 

Here is my question: What were you doing if you did not watch the Superbowl? I understand if you had to work or an emergency occurred, but to completely ignore it, even as a non-sport's fan, baffles me. Those "fans" at least tune in for the commercials or halftime show.

 

Like most years, I had it on listening to it while working on the computer. If something interesting happened or I wanted to catch a commercial I rewound the DVR and watched it. That is how I've watched most Super Bowls over the past several years since I stopped attending parties. Most years I don't care about either team. The only one I've watched the complete game recently was when Green Bay was in it.

Like most years, I had it on listening to it while working on the computer. If something interesting happened or I wanted to catch a commercial I rewound the DVR and watched it. That is how I've watched most Super Bowls over the past several years since I stopped attending parties. Most years I don't care about either team. The only one I've watched the complete game recently was when Green Bay was in it.

 

That works. You were not oblivious to it. The ones that shock me are the folks that could not tell you a game occurred yesterday.

Probably the way people who pay attention to politics feel during a presidential debate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.