Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wildcats are boring ?

Featured Replies

Boring is losing in the 1st round of the NIT, Boring is not playing up to your potential and almost not making the NCAA tourney. Boring is not going to a bowl game in 3 years. This team is not boring...............they are dominant.

Boring is losing in the 1st round of the NIT' date=' Boring is not playing up to your potential and almost not making the NCAA tourney. Boring is not going to a bowl game in 3 years. This team is not boring...............they are dominant.[/quote']

 

Agreed.

 

21-0 baby.. They just crossed the halfway point of making history. If that's boring, then there is no fun in the game anymore.

  • Author
They are boring — let's be honest. What's going on out there looks nothing like that "racehorse basketball" that Rupp so loved. This team's style resembles Tubby's teams more than Rupp's.
The only style that I am concerned with is a winning style. 21-0 seems like a good style to me.
  • Author
Boring is losing in the 1st round of the NIT, Boring is not playing up to your potential and almost not making the NCAA tourney. Boring is not going to a bowl game in 3 years. This team is not boring...............they are dominant.

:thumb:

Agreed.

 

21-0 baby.. They just crossed the halfway point of making history. If that's boring, then there is no fun in the game anymore.

:thumb:

 

.................................................................

Answer to both, I agree - As I said, started this thread as a tounge in cheek type bc no one was arguing over anything this seson. As for style of play, running, half court sets or an all out "slow down, old 4 corners".....I don't care, if it gets you to 21-0, that's the bottom line.

I think most of that is due to the game stategy that other teams are using against Kentucky. If there's anyway possible they're not going to get into a "racehorse" running game with UK. They're maxing out the shot clock, slowing the pace, playing physical, and utilizing fouls instead of allowing easy baskets. That last reason leads to much grabbing, hacking, slapping, and holding.

It's the only chance they have for winning.

And it makes it ugly, boring basketball.

As far as style goes, I think the Professor nailed it.

 

I like the style for the most part. When they are playing lights out on defense, it is something to see. And then even though nobody is going to run with this team, and the opponents are doing everything possible to slow down the game, UK is still winning by large margins.

 

That said, I prefer closer games. I enjoy the big plays, and appreciate all the talent and effort. It isn't like I don't enjoy winning, as a fan, I certainly hope the winning streak continues. This season has been fun, but not all that interesting. I am just not into these games where we build up a 20 point lead and coast to the win, that is long decided sometimes by halftime. It just doesn't stir up any emotions.

 

Let UK pull out a buzzer beater or have to come from behind in the last minute, then see how many comments you get in the game thread. Those are the games that get you worked up and make it interesting.

I'm not bored at all with this season or this team. Only game all year that frustrated me was the Missouri game last week and that's just because of all the fouls. I don't post as much on weekends or I would have added a few to the game thread.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.