2014-2015 Three Person Commentary Team

JokersWild24

Had some mentions of Bill Walton and Dickie V in other threads, which got me thinking, you are a network exec, fan, whatever. Who would you want as your three person commentary team?

Only criteria is that it has to be someone who has done a national broadcast at some time this season (i.e., ESPN, CBS, and we'll count the SEC Network).

Don't know who my three person team would be right off, but I really enjoy hearing Kara Lawson (former UT Lady Vol & WNBA All-Star). Really good in terms of talking strategically, X's and O's, all that. She's fairly new (at least in announcing years, as she only began with ESPN in 2007 or so), but still good enough on providing other commentary such as color, jokes, etc. when appropriate. What I'm trying to say there: she doesn't really get in the way of anything else, and a good color person can kind of fill-in on some areas that she's not as seasoned in and she'll be content to focus on what she does best.

Not a huge Tennessee guy (I swear, despite the endorsement of Lawson and my next pick), but if he were eligible, I'd pick Bruce Pearl. Really hope he's someone who would get into commentary after he moves on from coaching because I enjoyed his work while he was out of coaching.

Had some mentions of Bill Walton and Dickie V in other threads, which got me thinking, you are a network exec, fan, whatever. Who would you want as your three person commentary team?

Only criteria is that it has to be someone who has done a national broadcast at some time this season (i.e., ESPN, CBS, and we'll count the SEC Network).

1. Play by Play man - Tim Brando (Fox Sports)

2. Analyst - Jay Bilas (espn)

3. Commentator - Dick Vitale (espn)