Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014-2015 Three Person Commentary Team

Featured Replies

Had some mentions of Bill Walton and Dickie V in other threads, which got me thinking, you are a network exec, fan, whatever. Who would you want as your three person commentary team?

 

Only criteria is that it has to be someone who has done a national broadcast at some time this season (i.e., ESPN, CBS, and we'll count the SEC Network).

  • Author

Don't know who my three person team would be right off, but I really enjoy hearing Kara Lawson (former UT Lady Vol & WNBA All-Star). Really good in terms of talking strategically, X's and O's, all that. She's fairly new (at least in announcing years, as she only began with ESPN in 2007 or so), but still good enough on providing other commentary such as color, jokes, etc. when appropriate. What I'm trying to say there: she doesn't really get in the way of anything else, and a good color person can kind of fill-in on some areas that she's not as seasoned in and she'll be content to focus on what she does best.

  • Author

Not a huge Tennessee guy (I swear, despite the endorsement of Lawson and my next pick), but if he were eligible, I'd pick Bruce Pearl. Really hope he's someone who would get into commentary after he moves on from coaching because I enjoyed his work while he was out of coaching.

Brad Nessler is my favorite. Bilas is okay

  • Author

Thinking on it some more, I can definitely go with Bilas & Lawson. Don't know who the third would be.

Gus Johnson. The other two don't matter. Every game would sound thrilling and important.

I love Doris Burke.

 

One of my favorites.

Dickie V, Bill Walton and Gary Busey

Hate Dukie V.

 

Jay Bilas is good. Dan Shulman does a good job.

  • Author
Dickie V, Bill Walton and Gary Busey

 

I think I just woke up roommates laughing. Wish I could link his Tosh.0 bit here, because I watch it sometimes if I need a laugh.

Had some mentions of Bill Walton and Dickie V in other threads, which got me thinking, you are a network exec, fan, whatever. Who would you want as your three person commentary team?

 

Only criteria is that it has to be someone who has done a national broadcast at some time this season (i.e., ESPN, CBS, and we'll count the SEC Network).

 

1. Play by Play man - Tim Brando (Fox Sports)

2. Analyst - Jay Bilas (espn)

3. Commentator - Dick Vitale (espn)

Bilas, Raftery, and Gus Johnson just for fun.

 

:lol2: :thumb:Raferty just cracks Bilas up, one of if not the only guy that can get Bilas off of his normal serious analyst mode. I have watched / heard Bilas just "lose it" with Raferty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.