January 26, 201511 yr I thought this deserved it's own thread. Unbelievable milestone. Congrats to Coack K for being so good for so long. Hard to average 25 wins per season for 40 years. Coack K did it in just over 39 years. Duke Blue Devils vs. St. John's Red Storm - Recap - January 25, 2015 - ESPN
January 26, 201511 yr The kicker is starting out at a younger age and having an insulated culture like he has a Duke. There are more games now, but you really need a passion for it to do it that long. Guys like Calipari and Williams have a higher winning percentage but no way that hang around that long.
January 27, 201511 yr MSG is Duke's home away from home. Of course, I doubt that Coach K gives a rip where it happened.
January 27, 201511 yr Let's see, again I'm young so I'll post some of my favorite and worst moments of Duke history from my point of view. + The comeback of Maryland down 10 with a minute ago to win that game. + The Sean Dockery half court shot to stun VT + Austin Rivers last second shot to beat UNC + Naturally the championship victory over Butler + JJ Redick still my favorite Duke player and it's gonna take a lot to change that - The Indiana game in the elite 8 I believe - Josh McRoberts - JJ Redick and Sheldon Williams last game where Tyrus Thompson(I think it's his name) shut down JJ - Leigh and Mercer Gonna be weird one day when he's not there.
January 27, 201511 yr Let's see' date=' again I'm young so I'll post some of my favorite and worst moments of Duke history from my point of view. + The comeback of Maryland down 10 with a minute ago to win that game. + The Sean Dockery half court shot to stun VT + Austin Rivers last second shot to beat UNC + Naturally the championship victory over Butler + JJ Redick still my favorite Duke player and it's gonna take a lot to change that - The Indiana game in the elite 8 I believe - Josh McRoberts - JJ Redick and Sheldon Williams last game where Tyrus Thompson(I think it's his name) shut down JJ - Leigh and Mercer Gonna be weird one day when he's not there.[/quote']Sweet 16 loss to IU. Then IU beat Kent State, with Antonio Gates, in the Elite 8. Tyrus Thomas. Blocked every shot it seemed that night. LSU had some studs and were twice as athletic as the Blue Devils.
January 27, 201511 yr Sweet 16 loss to IU. Then IU beat Kent State, with Antonio Gates, in the Elite 8. Tyrus Thomas. Blocked every shot it seemed that night. LSU had some studs and were twice as athletic as the Blue Devils. Still haunted by that IU game. I think that Duke team wins it all that year if they pulled that one out. LSU had the perfect game plan for Duke. Take the most athletic guy in college and just let JJ Redick try and do anything with him on him.
January 27, 201511 yr Still not over the IU game. The Jay Williams game. Tragic. The amount of nightmares that brings me...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.