Henderson County 72 Daviess County 49

Final from Henderson. Bryce Crowley set a school record with 8 three pointers. He led the Colonels with 26. David Simmons had 20 and Brady Norman had 16. The colonels revenged their only loss to a Kentucky team with the win. Colonels play again Friday at Evansville North (5-7)

Great strategy by HC to get Simmons into the middle of the zone offense. Caught the ball at the high post and either kicked to the shooter or drove to the basket.

Am I the only one that thinks of Dominique Hawkins when watching Simmons?

Great strategy by HC to get Simmons into the middle of the zone offense. Caught the ball at the high post and either kicked to the shooter or drove to the basket.

I would say yes. But now that you mentioned it, I can see that too.

I've thought that too Clyde. Simmons may not be as good as Hawkins but he's not far behind. Best crowd in Colonel Gym in a long long time.

Saw something odd tonight and have no clue what the official was thinking.

Scrap for the loose ball under the HC basket. Foul called. Hard to tell who he called it on but the Davies kid knew it was on HC and knew he was going to shoot the bonus so he walked to the other end to the line. Official went with him.

Problem is everyone else though the foul was on Davies and the other 9 players and 2 officials were lining up for HC to shoot. Ball is down at the Davies end.

For some reason the official administering the FT went ahead and had Davies shoot even though everyone else was at the other end and starting to now come down.

You can't do that. You can't have a FT shot without the other team on the lower blocks. Kid missed but official realized he screwed up. Everyone lines up and the kid shoots the free throw. Since the first one was a mistake THIS was the first but everyone thought it was the second.

Just a total brain fart by the official. Really odd.

Graves had Hoptown down 15 (sound familiar?) and Hoptown came back and won. Hoptown is going to be a tough out in the region. I want the Colonels to win the region but it's going to be tough. The 8th district has won the region 11 years in a row and Hopkinsville has won the last three. Hopefully the Colonels can stay healthy and break both streaks.