13. Mercer County

14. Mercy

15. Graves County

16. Ashland Blazer

17, Eastern

18. Male

19. Simon Kenton

20. Manual

Several JCPS "regulars" from recent years are not present on this list. Is there really shifting of power in the Louisville area going on, are is this just a temporary thing?

Several JCPS "regulars" from recent years are not present on this list. Is there really shifting of power in the Louisville area going on, are is this just a temporary thing?

I don't know about shifting of power. I do know that over the last 4-5 years, there has been a ton of good players entering the local High schools in NKY due to AAU teams that developed awhile back. It's reached the high school a couple years ago and continues to filter in. I know there was AAU before that, but in the time period, more AAU opportunities have opened up, providing more opportunities for girls. So my feeling is...where there used to be one or two kids on your high school team playing serious aau, now you can find teams full of aau kids on the rosters. And some of those teams they are playing on were very successful. I just think some areas of the state are starting to catch up a little. It's a good thing.

I don't know about shifting of power. I do know that over the last 4-5 years, there has been a ton of good players entering the local High schools in NKY due to AAU teams that developed awhile back. It's reached the high school a couple years ago and continues to filter in. I know there was AAU before that, but in the time period, more AAU opportunities have opened up, providing more opportunities for girls. So my feeling is...where there used to be one or two kids on your high school team playing serious aau, now you can find teams full of aau kids on the rosters. And some of those teams they are playing on were very successful. I just think some areas of the state are starting to catch up a little. It's a good thing.

I got to agree with this , most of the High School Teams in NKY have girls that grew up playing AAU and travel a lot. Got a few State Champs and National Ranked Teams in AAU out of NKY the past couple of years.

1. Elizabethtown

2. Henderson County

3. Holmes

4. Allen County

5. Covington Holy Cross (ill)

6. Southwestern

7. Murray

8. South Warren

9. Highlands

10. Butler

11. Henry Clay

12. Bell County

13. Mercer County

14. Mercy

15. Graves County

16. Ashland Blazer

17, Eastern

18. Male

19. Simon Kenton

20. Manual

1. E-Town

2. Henderson

3. Holmes

4. Allen County

5. Highlands

6. Butler

7. Simon Kenton

8. Southwestern

9. Murray

10. S. Warren

11. Holy Cross

12. HC

13. Bell

14. Mercer County

15. Ashland

16. Mercy

17. Graves

18. Male

19. Eastern

20. Manual

That looks right !

The LIT rankings are nice to look at but in the end mean very little. Yes Etown is by far the best team in the state and Henderson Co is very good. The computer takes margin of victory into account and in girls high school basketball this can skew the results. The only 2 Louisville area schools left out(i think) are Sacred Heart amd Bullitt East. SHA is very talented and getting better each week. BE has lost 5 games to 4 KY schools ranked in the preseason top 15 and the #2 ranked team in MO. Bottom line is there is no way to accurately rank these teams across the state.

There is no way Southwestern is top 10 in state. Mercer is top 10. Southwestern got beat by Danville, which Mercer beat by 20

Mercer beat Danville by 10 (73-63). But, I do agree that Mercer is the better team in the 12th at this point.