Louisville 58 Clemson 52

jpa2825

Was traveling and didn't get to see the game. Why did UofL struggle so much in a game at home where favored by 16? Clemson play well? UofL play poorly?

Wake Forest giving Duke a run last night makes that game look better. Is Clemson also good?

Wake Forest giving Duke a run last night makes that game look better. Is Clemson also good?

I don't think Clemson's is good, necessarily, but they were No. 2 in the ACC is points allowed per game headed into last night.

Like Deuce said, this is just the team. They're not very good offensively. Blackshear remains horribly disappointing and while he made a couple threes, as a forward he should have had a number of looks along the baseline due to the 3-2 Clemson played most of the night but he never really moved.

Louisville also simply doesn't have a guy like Hancock or Kyle Kuric this year that you could trust to make open threes against the zone. Louisville missed several wide open triples that could have put some distance between the teams but just don't have that go-to guy.

Louisville also simply doesn't have a guy like Hancock or Kyle Kuric this year that you could trust to make open threes against the zone. Louisville missed several wide open triples that could have put some distance between the teams but just don't have that go-to guy.

Yep. There isn't one knock down shooter on the team. Maybe Levitch needs more clock? :lol2:

The more I watch UL the more I like Rozier. Plays hard and seems to make big plays.

I was expecting more out of Shaquann Aaron. What us the situation with him?

Still way too early for him to be effective. Not even sure he knows the offense or defense at this point. I do like how hard he plays, though.

The more I watch UL the more I like Rozier. Plays hard and seems to make big plays.

I was expecting more out of Shaquann Aaron. What us the situation with him?

Given how little game experience he has, I'm sure Pitino hates the way he's playing the defense. He's only appeared in four games since becoming eligible on Dec. 20. Don't know why he played so little last night unless the explanation is defense.

In the postgame press conference, Pitino commented on both Anton Gill and Quentin Snider coming in and immediately making bad mistakes on defense. It's always been the key reason guys failed to get minutes.

Pitino I would think has GOT to at some point in time throw a lineup out there to see if they can hit some shots and score some points. Maybe you give up 8 more points, but score 14 more. That would be a net gain any way you slice it. But you won't know if you don't try.

Right now UL has only three players. The Cards have big holes at the 5 and 3 spots. The zone offense appeared to me to consist of throwing the ball around the perimeter for 15-20 seconds, and then shooting an 18-20 footer from out front. I hope Blackshear can pull a Billy Thompson and put together a great second half of the season and that Rick has some magic potion to make the younger players improve as well. I hate to say it but I think UL should be ranked in the 10-15 range. I can see 4 losses in league play.

Right now UL has only three players. The Cards have big holes at the 5 and 3 spots. The zone offense appeared to me to consist of throwing the ball around the perimeter for 15-20 seconds, and then shooting an 18-20 footer from out front. I hope Blackshear can pull a Billy Thompson and put together a great second half of the season and that Rick has some magic potion to make the younger players improve as well. I hate to say it but I think UL should be ranked in the 10-15 range. I can see 4 losses in league play.

#5 is definitely too high, but they'll stay there until they lose again.

Pitino has wasted four years on Blackshear. It's frustrating.