Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are you getting the kids?

Featured Replies

Thought it would be fun to share gift buying ideas.

 

But I am also looking for ideas.

 

What are you getting your kids for Christmas? Or grandkids?

 

What are the latest cool toys and gadgets?

Edited by hoops5

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are boys and are in the 10-14 age range Quad Copter Drones should be fun.

  • Author
If they are boys and are in the 10-14 age range Quad Copter Drones should be fun.

Excellent! Will check that out.

Micro Center has really good helicopters, not sure who else has them.

 

I had a mini one a couple of years ago, I forgot where I got it from but it was online, it was very easy to control. A month before I bought one I had one from Brookstone that was hard to control.

Also, some of the cell phone companies are having promotions. I just signed a new contract last week with Verizon and I got a free Verizon Eclipse 7 tablet. They also gave me 2 more GB pet month for $10, so I could use it on the network besides wifi. But, they also reduced my bill by $10 pet month, do I got the tablet and extra GB for free. But in not sure I'll use the tablet as I already have one.

Daddy's Little Girls are getting two items each under $40.........they have enough stuff. The whole family is making a donation to a much more worthy charity.

Micro Center has really good helicopters, not sure who else has them.

 

I had a mini one a couple of years ago, I forgot where I got it from but it was online, it was very easy to control. A month before I bought one I had one from Brookstone that was hard to control.

I'm sure just like every year this time, the Florence Mall will have a kiosk set up in the middle somewhere selling them.

Daddy's Little Girls are getting two items each under $40.........they have enough stuff. The whole family is making a donation to a much more worthy charity.

You really don't need to donate anything to my family Lawnboy, although we do appreciate the gesture

 

Plus all we want for Christmas are some of Hoops5 Toffee's!

  • Author
Daddy's Little Girls are getting two items each under $40.........they have enough stuff. The whole family is making a donation to a much more worthy charity.

Wonderful! Same situation here. My kids have enough stuff and are not really asking for anything. Santa still wants to have surprises on Christmas morning--mostly for the 2 younger guys.

  • Author

Just for fun---what are you getting the little girls these days? I miss buying Barbies and baby dolls. Used to love getting that stuff for my girl.

Plus all we want for Christmas are some of Hoops5 Toffee's!

 

I would pay for more! :)

Just for fun---what are you getting the little girls these days? I miss buying Barbies and baby dolls. Used to love getting that stuff for my girl.

Well that all depends. My brothers and sisters used to have a little sick game we would play each year, and that is who could buy eachothers nieces the most annoying gift for their parents. When our neices and our girls were little, we would try to out do eachother by buying the other the worst "parent nightmare" gift. such as one of those make your own jelwelry kits for little girls that would come with 5,000 little beads etc. that was garunteed to make a huge mess lol, or some annoying sounding doll that would make noises etc.

 

Oh, the fun times we would have back then :)

4 years ago I started buying a couple of those great big teddy bears, they sell at CVS, and donating them to the Marines that man "Toys for Totes" trucks at the last USF home football game every year. That first year, I gave my granddaughter (3 at the time) and grandson (4 then) each one as well. They were to be a secondary gift, if you will, with them getting all of the newest cool toys. Sylvia named her's Ruggley and London called his Bob.

 

The cool toys are gone, now, but both kids still sleep with those teddy bears. They turned out to be the most loved gifts I ever gave them.

 

William turned 3 this year, he's getting his bear this Christmas.

I buy my nephew underwear every year; it's a running joke/tradition. This year, I'm going to throw in some socks! LOL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.