Lincoln County 66 Wayne County 64

Early regular season game. Two point loss away from home. I think it is the type of game that will make both teams better. Maybe we should be playing Burgin like the black and gold? Check out the final score. For all the talk of how well Lincoln played and how unstoppable Timmy Taylor is, Wayne won three out of four quarters. It came down to a 50/50 call and the Dyehouse woman calling a technical from halfway across the court because she thinks one of the players made a comment about the call. She says she can read lips. lol Two of the big three starters fouled out. How many were sitting for Linclon? I think we are going to be just fine. lol

To the technical foul:

Memo to all players:

If you mention anything about how you disagree with the referee's call you will get called for a technical. Players will not be allowed to say anything, display anything or criticize any foul calls made by the referee or you will get a technical foul. I've heard of a player getting a technical call for telling a referee, "this is the fourth foul in a row you have called on us" and it was a technical. Pass that on to your players and you won't have to worry about whether a referee can read lips or not. You complain or try to show up the referee and you will get a technical.

Don't mean to bust your bubble but Wayne won three out of the four quarters. Controlling the whole game means you win every quarter. To win by two is one of the slimmest margins you can win by. A 50/50 call and a ridiculous technical called by a referee who was awful making one sided calls in the girls game in the first game of the double header isn't much to crow about. Wayne didn't play well in the first quarter but controlled the rest of the game. Taylor shot lights out and his team won by two. Scary isn't it?

There's a real good chance that Wayne will be under .500 come Saturday morning.

But that won't take away from the fact that they are a top 20 team.

I agree because they are a top 20 team but if they lose they'll drop in most rankings and have to work their way back up them. Too early for most teams to take 2 losses and not drop in rankings. After they play Southwestern on Friday their next tough game after that is late January.

If they lose both of those games, they aren't a top 20 team right now, IMO.

Losing by 2 at a top 10 team would make me think they are at least close to top 10. I think Southwestern is about a top 15 team, so a close game against them shouldn't drop Wayne much. If they were to get beat by 15 then I'd agree.

Losing by 2 at a top 10 team would make me think they are at least close to top 10. I think Southwestern is about a top 15 team, so a close game against them shouldn't drop Wayne much. If they were to get beat by 15 then I'd agree.

I just mean with 2 losses, I think they would drop out at least for now.

When it comes to Wayne, everyone talks about their (significant) lack of depth. I know it hurt them at Rupp last year and it sounds like it hurt them in this game. Given that they play a very up-tempo, chaotic style, it seems likely that their lack of depth may be an even bigger issue this year given how closely the games are being called. Foul trouble could be their demise.

Just like I thought BL6 had every excuse as to why Wayne lost the game. He wants to bash other programs but when the mighty cardinals get beat there's every excuse as to why. I agree the Dyehouse woman is a terrible referee and had no business calling that game. Wayne CO lack of depth is going to hurt them more and more throughout the season but you can't ever count them out. If SW beats Wayne Friday like I think they will then Wayne has to drop out of top 20 with 2 losses IMO

Just like I thought BL6 had every excuse as to why Wayne lost the game. He wants to bash other programs but when the mighty cardinals get beat there's every excuse as to why. I agree the Dyehouse woman is a terrible referee and had no business calling that game. Wayne CO lack of depth is going to hurt them more and more throughout the season but you can't ever count them out. If SW beats Wayne Friday like I think they will then Wayne has to drop out of top 20 with 2 losses IMO

Poor fella. Why should a team need an excuse for a two point loss on another team's home court? There is a loser every game. Losses like this mean that you are playing good competition. Making excuses? I thought the game could have gone either way. The only bashing I have ever done is about BYLAW 6, dirty players, and incompetent referees. I do make comments on posts by people that think just because they say or post something it must be true. Rankings are out there because it keeps people interested in the game. There are many deserving teams that never make a top 20 list. If you haven't realized it yet, I have never mentioned anything about rankings because at the high school level it only shows interest in a team. It doesn't mean that a loss to an unranked team should be embarrassing. And lastly if you think referees can't swing a game by 20-30 points or more you must be living under a rock. It happens at every level of play. I don't have the stats from the game the other night but a play by play box score tells a lot about the way a game is called. Fans are never a good source of grading a referee. At least we can agree on the Dyehouse woman. Please take her credentials away! No place for a fraud like her in a striped shirt.

Good point. She is terrible. But IMO her husband is one the best. It's hard to beat Lincoln at home. People better not count Wayne out. They could easily best SW Friday. 12th region is as strong as I've seen it in a while and the talent throughout the region is incredible. Like I've said all along, Wayne is still the champs until someone knocks them out.