Conner at Cooper Dec. 9th (Predictions)

Conner at Cooper Dec. 9th (Predictions)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Conner at Cooper Dec. 9th (Predictions)

• Conner
    • Cooper

I haven't noticed a thread on this game, if there is one then please merge and close this one down.

Thought I would get the chatter started. Who wins this game and why?

On paper I personally think Cooper is the better team but it never seems to matter in this rivalry game. I expect a hard fought game from both teams with Cooper winning it late.

58-49

Could a MOD add a poll for this please?

Will this game be in the 70s like Conner likes it or will it be in the 50s like Cooper likes it?

Usually when these two teams play from my short term memory in the regular season Cooper is able to keep this game low scoring and cause Conner trouble. I wonder if Cooper comes out and leads by 20 again only to let Conner back in it. Seemed like a reoccurring theme last year

Usually when these two teams play from my short term memory in the regular season Cooper is able to keep this game low scoring and cause Conner trouble. I wonder if Cooper comes out and leads by 20 again only to let Conner back in it. Seemed like a reoccurring theme last year

Let them back in it, or let them win it as was the case in the District game last year?

I've seen all 3 of Conner's games and they have surprised me starting strong at 3-0. I think the backcourts are evenly matched in terms of skill, athleticism, and speed. The difference is going to be in the frontcourt. Conner let Kunstek from St. Henry have a big night and were still able to win the game. If I'm Sully, I'm making sure the offense runs through Hawthorn, because I'm not sure Conner has someone that can guard him straight up.

Look for Conner to try and push the ball, press full-court, and shoot a lot of 3's. I'm not sure the Cooper D will be as successful pressuring the Conner guards as they've been in the past. Guard play looks to be the strength of this team, essentially running a 4 guard set with rotations of the 2 Scotts, Barnes, Hemmerich, Padgett, Watts, and Garnett. They run these guys in and out and have essentially worn teams down in the 4th quarter, coming from behind late in 2 of their 3 wins.

This is always a fun one to watch and it sounds like there should be a great crowd tomorrow.

Cougars travel to Union tomorrow for a big district game against the Jags.

Conner coming in 3-0 and looking much better than expected.

Cooper comes in 1-1, but had a solid showing against Newcath.

Battle between this week's #5 and #6 teams in my latest rankings.

Who wins and why?

Can Cooper contain Scott and slow down the balance Conner has shown so far?

Can Conner handle the inside duo of Hathorn/Hawkins and slow down McNeil?

Cougars travel to Union tomorrow for a big district game against the Jags.

Conner coming in 3-0 and looking much better than expected.

Cooper comes in 1-1, but had a solid showing against Newcath.

Battle between this week's #5 and #6 teams in my latest rankings.

Who wins and why?

Can Cooper contain Scott and slow down the balance Conner has shown so far?

Can Conner handle the inside duo of Hathorn/Hawkins and slow down McNeil?

Sorry Walter but it's Hathorn/Dickerson. Hawkins comes off the bench. I think Coopers length will bother Conner.

I say Cooper 58-48.

I've seen all 3 of Conner's games and they have surprised me starting strong at 3-0. I think the backcourts are evenly matched in terms of skill, athleticism, and speed. The difference is going to be in the frontcourt. Conner let Kunstek from St. Henry have a big night and were still able to win the game. If I'm Sully, I'm making sure the offense runs through Hawthorn, because I'm not sure Conner has someone that can guard him straight up.

Look for Conner to try and push the ball, press full-court, and shoot a lot of 3's. I'm not sure the Cooper D will be as successful pressuring the Conner guards as they've been in the past. Guard play looks to be the strength of this team, essentially running a 4 guard set with rotations of the 2 Scotts, Barnes, Hemmerich, Padgett, Watts, and Garnett. They run these guys in and out and have essentially worn teams down in the 4th quarter, coming from behind late in 2 of their 3 wins.

This is always a fun one to watch and it sounds like there should be a great crowd tomorrow.

The biggest problem in running your offense through Hathorn is he tends to get in foul trouble early and often. Has had that issue all of last year and already in the NCC game this year already. He tends to spend the majority of the game on the bench because of that.