Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A Pick the finalists

Which combination squares off in Bowling Green? 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Which combination squares off in Bowling Green?

    • Ballard vs Meade County
      3%
    • Ballard vs Trinity
      19%
    • Dixie Heights vs Meade County
      17%
    • Dixie Heights vs Trinity
      58%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Trinity's defense to win the day. Meade's defense is good but seeing that Male's defense shut them down I think Trinity's defense help the Rocks win the field position battle. Giving the Rocks offense good field position will allow them short fields to score from and Meade will not be able to stop them all night. It will be another cold, clear night for a great matchup.

I also like Ballard to beat Dixie in a close game. Don't know a whole lot about Dixie but now that Ballard is getting more comfortable with their offensive scheme it seems they are doing enough to win. I am flying a little blind in that matchup.

Meade's defense is solid as a rock -- pun intended. The offense is really coming around too, based on sound blocking fundamentals and excellent timing. Mix in Wilson and Millay and company and you have a well-balanced attack that is starting to click like a metronome.

 

Trinity is a bit porous on defense and is still searching for an offense that will work for all occasions, relying on a few stand-out players.

 

Also, the fact Meade is playing at home will tip the scales a bit. The field is a bit unique and has subtleties that only the Waves know intimately. And of course, just the fact that home games naturally lean a finger on the scale.

 

Therefore, I don't think it's going to be "Catholic, as usual" this year (err, as it was last year too). It will be a lower scoring game, but I think the Waves will come crashing against that Rocky shore... (Been waiting a while to use that one!)

 

Meade 16

Trinity 10

Hmm, after thinking a bit, I want to change my last score estimate lol

 

Meade 23 (kicking game unpredictability)

Trinity 20 (more offensive power that I did not give credit for earlier)

^ What scheme does Meade run?

 

I think our biggest issue was the deep ball, is that something that Meade can exploit, or do they run it....

 

If they run, I like our chances, our front 7 are very formidable.

I believe Meade runs a Wing-T.

Meade's defense is solid as a rock -- pun intended. The offense is really coming around too, based on sound blocking fundamentals and excellent timing. Mix in Wilson and Millay and company and you have a well-balanced attack that is starting to click like a metronome.

 

Trinity is a bit porous on defense and is still searching for an offense that will work for all occasions, relying on a few stand-out players.

 

Also, the fact Meade is playing at home will tip the scales a bit. The field is a bit unique and has subtleties that only the Waves know intimately. And of course, just the fact that home games naturally lean a finger on the scale.

 

Therefore, I don't think it's going to be "Catholic, as usual" this year (err, as it was last year too). It will be a lower scoring game, but I think the Waves will come crashing against that Rocky shore... (Been waiting a while to use that one!)

 

Meade 16

Trinity 10

 

That's what the X guys were saying!!! lol, "Porous", didnt work out too well for them... :deadhorse:

^ What scheme does Meade run?

 

I think our biggest issue was the deep ball, is that something that Meade can exploit, or do they run it....

 

If they run, I like our chances, our front 7 are very formidable.

 

Yeah, that's why I went with the lower score initially lol But Meade's offense is humming right now along with the D. Given Trinity's pretty explosive offense, I thought it might be a marginal shootout, so I raised the score a bit.

 

Meade's O is Wing T. Conservative, but can open up a defense like a can of whip when done correctly. The O line is well disciplined and pretty big. They move really well as a group timing wise and hit hard consistently.

 

From what I have seen, no deep threat exists in Meade's offense. Some line mobility does exist and may be the reason why Meade's passing attack is not as effective as their running attack.

 

However, the cold will hinder all pass-first teams anyway, allowing run-first teams to flourish as in Meade's offensive style.

Trinity's defense is definitely not porous. I have watched parts of 3 or 4 of their games this year. From what I've seen it will not be easy to run the ball on them.

Meade's defense is solid as a rock -- pun intended. The offense is really coming around too, based on sound blocking fundamentals and excellent timing. Mix in Wilson and Millay and company and you have a well-balanced attack that is starting to click like a metronome.

 

Trinity is a bit porous on defense and is still searching for an offense that will work for all occasions, relying on a few stand-out players.

 

Also, the fact Meade is playing at home will tip the scales a bit. The field is a bit unique and has subtleties that only the Waves know intimately. And of course, just the fact that home games naturally lean a finger on the scale.

 

Therefore, I don't think it's going to be "Catholic, as usual" this year (err, as it was last year too). It will be a lower scoring game, but I think the Waves will come crashing against that Rocky shore... (Been waiting a while to use that one!)

 

Meade 16

Trinity 10

 

Porous on defense. Hmmmm...Held X to minus 15 yds rushing and is back to full strength in the secondary. And it wasn't Male's running game that was moving the ball on Trinity! Trinity's front seven will have to stay disciplined in their assignments against the Wing T. Rocks have an offense that scored 38 and 34 points on the defense that shut out Meade. Trinity has shown the ability to run at times, pass at times and a smart, mobile QB who can make some plays given the situation. Balance is there and can adapt to what a defense gives them. Good, hard hitting game coming on Friday night. Still say field position the key in this one and I think Trinity moves on 21-7.

Porous on defense. Hmmmm...Held X to minus 15 yds rushing and is back to full strength in the secondary. And it wasn't Male's running game that was moving the ball on Trinity! Trinity's front seven will have to stay disciplined in their assignments against the Wing T. Rocks have an offense that scored 38 and 34 points on the defense that shut out Meade. Trinity has shown the ability to run at times, pass at times and a smart, mobile QB who can make some plays given the situation. Balance is there and can adapt to what a defense gives them. Good, hard hitting game coming on Friday night. Still say field position the key in this one and I think Trinity moves on 21-7.

 

Trinity is ALWAYS a quality program that has won and won and won -- no doubt about it! Thumbs up

 

BUT...

 

X hung 35 points on Trinity in their first meeting.

Male 35

Cocoa, FL 32

Colerain 27

 

Against the better teams (except for last meeting w X), Trinity has shown porosity, especially against stout, run-first teams like Colerain...and guess who else is a stout, run-first team!

 

Hmmm...

Trinity is ALWAYS a quality program that has won and won and won -- no doubt about it! Thumbs up

 

BUT...

 

X hung 35 points on Trinity in their first meeting.

Male 35

Cocoa, FL 32

Colerain 27

 

Against the better teams (except for last meeting w X), Trinity has shown porosity, especially against stout, run-first teams like Colerain...and guess who else is a stout, run-first team!

 

Hmmm...

 

Those are some Heavyweights you just mentioned there, and we beat them all, not sure what you guys have faced other than Male who you failed to score a single point against, & we put 30+ on them both games.... I fail to see your point

 

Trinity is ALWAYS a quality program that has won and won and won -- no doubt about it! Thumbs up

 

BUT...

 

X hung 35 points on Trinity in their first meeting.

Male 35

Cocoa, FL 32

Colerain 27

 

Against the better teams (except for last meeting w X), Trinity has shown porosity, especially against stout, run-first teams like Colerain...and guess who else is a stout, run-first team!

 

Hmmm...

 

Most of Colerain's offense came on deep passes.

If they had a blind draw for the playoffs and H, T, M, & X were all in different brackets we wouldn't be having this conversation because all four would more than likely be in the semi's, It kills me every year when I hear teams try to say they have the best team in the state, when every year the top four teams in 6A are in the same district and are always picking each other off in the 2nd and third rounds.....Sorry went on a tangent lol. Getting off the soap box now

Trinity is ALWAYS a quality program that has won and won and won -- no doubt about it! Thumbs up

 

BUT...

 

X hung 35 points on Trinity in their first meeting.

Male 35

Cocoa, FL 32

Colerain 27

 

Against the better teams (except for last meeting w X), Trinity has shown porosity, especially against stout, run-first teams like Colerain...and guess who else is a stout, run-first team!

 

Hmmm...

 

I don't know what games you've been watching but Trinity's run D has been pretty good all year with the exception of the first X game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.