Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meade County vs. Central Hardin predictions

Which team advances? 22 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team advances?

    • Meade County
      54%
      12
    • Central Hardin
      45%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins and why?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Meade 28-14

This one was a nail-biter in the regular season & I expect much of the same Friday. I'm going with Central Hardin 20-17.

I keep doubting Meade and they keep on winning. I'm not sure how they keep doing it but they do. The Green Wave aren't flashy but they play very aggressive defense and fundamentally sound offense which is the formula they're using in Brandenburg. I say Meade gets revenge this time around.

Wow, what a surprise, MEAN GREEN MACHINE picks Meade County. Your gonna need a little more O on Friday. I do know one thing about this game, Central will have a huge crowd. Meade County is healthy, Central is finally healthy and hungry for respect. Play ball.

28-12 Central Hardin, Meade County is horrible at the kicking game and special teams, Central has more playmakers on offense and can match Meade Countys defense plus home field and huge crowd = Victory for Central Hardin.

  • Author

I'm not sure that Central will have much more of a crowd than Meade. They're only about 20-30 miles apart, and considering the circumstances, I'm sure the Meade sideline will be packed as well. Meade had enough crowd to compete with the crowd at Scott county and they're almost 2hrs away

  • Author

Well I would hope that the HOME team would have more fans at the game than the visitors. I wasn't saying that Meade would have a bigger crowd, but that they will also have a very large and loud crowd.

I have been very impressed with Hardin County Preps being so complimentary of Meade on other threads in this forum. He really almost defended them when other posters were questioning their abilities. (Well, until last week and he got riled up about the strength of schedule thing.) Closer and closer to the showdown, the venom has started spewing. Instead of respecting his opponent, he is making disparaging remarks while thumping his chest. I think he is not as confident in his team as he would like us to believe. I think this game will be a dogfight between two pretty equally matched teams. Obviously, CH still has a chip on it's shoulder from being the historic little brother in the district and Meade is still smarting from the regular season loss. For sure, all the makings of an awesome HS football game are there.

I was defending Meade County from the Lexington area 6A haters who dont understand the iimportance of a strong defense. In reference to Meades schedule, I was stating facts, also the comment about Meade County special teams comes from a co-worker who lives in Brandenburg and attends their games. Central has the IT factor, a group of kids that grew up playing football together, a coach who had brought a toughness to the team, not only on defense, and an offense that can go from the wing T to the spread offense and be comfortable in both schemes.

Wow, what a surprise, MEAN GREEN MACHINE picks Meade County. Your gonna need a little more O on Friday. I do know one thing about this game, Central will have a huge crowd. Meade County is healthy, Central is finally healthy and hungry for respect. Play ball.

 

Kind of like you picking CH?

I understand how the "IT" factor might make you win American Idol or America's Got Talent or whatever, but I am having a hard time translating that into football. I have never finished watching a football game and said "XYZ won because they have the "IT" factor and had more fans there."

 

I will give you this, though. After watching the Scott County/Meade Game on ihigh, I definitely think that Meade's qb has the "IT" factor and by "IT" factor, I mean being 5'11", 160 lbs yet breaking tackle after tackle, finding holes where they don't exist, and being incredible on defense. He very rarely left the field and played with intensity through out. I was very impressed and so were the announcers. He is a competitor for sure. (Although I am not convinced he could win American Idol.)

Wow, what a surprise, MEAN GREEN MACHINE picks Meade County. Your gonna need a little more O on Friday. I do know one thing about this game, Central will have a huge crowd. Meade County is healthy, Central is finally healthy and hungry for respect. Play ball.

 

Central has not had a huge crowd yet in the playoffs, why do you think they will now. If the band doesn't perform, you lose 200 band parents. They usually leave at halftime anyway.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.