Apollo 48 Mason County 36

In a battle of unlikely winners, the more unlikely one (Apollo) moves on. It's quite an impressive run by a team that didn't win their district and were almost an afterthought in the preseason of Region 3. Two of the four teams in the Final Four are bona fide Cinderellas.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be shocking to hear a colonel say this, but way to go Apollo. You showed us that any team can beat another on any given day. I have all the respect for the program. Congratulations on 2 great wins hopefully you can put together 2 more. Best of luck!

I thought it was pretty bush by the crowd to start booing when Apollo was up 23-16 and burned the final two minutes before halftime to get the last shot. Folks, these guys are here to win, not excite you. That's a crock to boo HS kids, and anybody who did it should be ashamed of themselves and never go to a game involving HS kids again.

I thought it was pretty bush by the crowd to start booing when Apollo was up 23-16 and burned the final two minutes before halftime to get the last shot. Folks, these guys are here to win, not excite you. That's a crock to boo HS kids, and anybody who did it should be ashamed of themselves and never go to a game involving HS kids again.

That is true, but I'm wondering if spectators are starting to get antsy since it seems like every game has been slow paced. 7 of the 12 games have ended with the winner scoring 60 or less, including every single game today. They are there to win, but you gotta admit, it's not fun for the people who paid money to watch.

But again, I agree, in the end, you gotta do what you gotta do. If you get up 2-0 with the ball and you think you can hold it the entire game, go for it.

This game showed me that a shot clock is needed in Kentucky HS basketball. I know it will never happen. The logistics and funds to pull this off would probably be too much. But the way Apollo played tonight truly was Bush League.

Hats off to the Apollo coach and players for getting the win. They deserved it and Mason Co. certainly did not play well. But winning at the cost of holding the ball for at least 1 min everytime down the floor and holding it for 2-3 minute stretches at several points in the game is not the way to play this game.

This game showed me that a shot clock is needed in Kentucky HS basketball. I know it will never happen. The logistics and funds to pull this off would probably be too much. But the way Apollo played tonight truly was Bush League.

Hats off to the Apollo coach and players for getting the win. They deserved it and Mason Co. certainly did not play well. But winning at the cost of holding the ball for at least 1 min everytime down the floor and holding it for 2-3 minute stretches at several points in the game is not the way to play this game.

You do what you need to do to win....I don't like this style of play, but until they install a shot clock, then I would do it too if it got me a "W". Apollo if they can stop the big man of PRP will beat PRP because I am not sure that PRP won't melt down with the style of play that the Eagles play.....