South Laurel vs. Graves County

The only way Graves keeps it close is if they hold the ball for 3:00 minutes at a time.Not bashing Graves but if they let South get up by 12-15 early I feel this will be the beating of all beatings.There is no emptying the bench in the 3rd quarter in the sweet 16.:cool:

The only way Graves keeps it close is if they hold the ball for 3:00 minutes at a time.Not bashing Graves but if they let South get up by 12-15 early I feel this will be the beating of all beatings.There is no emptying the bench in the 3rd quarter in the sweet 16.:cool:
Wow, you are not giving Graves much credit at all. I know SL is good, but to say "the beating of all beatings" is over the top. Graves will most likely lose, but they will NOT get blown out even if they get down some early.

Wow, you are not giving Graves much credit at all. I know SL is good, but to say "the beating of all beatings" is over the top. Graves will most likely lose, but they will NOT get blown out even if they get down some early.

Did you see Graves play there first game?I dont think there that bad I just think South is that much better.IMO.But wait and see if Graves gets down early South will go for the knock-out blow.Once again thats my opinion.

Sims is a nice ballplayer, but he's not big enough to do against SL what he did against Russell. SL's guards are too big. And Cavette will struggle with foul trouble against SL's line. Even if it's low scoring, I don't think it's going to matter because SL doesn't have a problem adjusting to the style changes, as they have shown the past two games.

Did you see Graves play there first game?I dont think there that bad I just think South is that much better.IMO.But wait and see if Graves gets down early South will go for the knock-out blow.Once again thats my opinion.
I have watched them play about 12 games this year. I have also seen SL play once. I will agree that SL should win and probably will, but your post seemed a little overboard. Graves will play tough defense from tip-off until the final buzzer. They will also control the ball on offense, so I just don't think they will be blown out. If they do get blown out then I will give SL all the credit they deserve.

Call me crazy but I think this Graves County team could give South Laurel real problem's. They play good defense, they've got a big man in the paint to scrape elbo's with walt and Trey, and they can shoot the ball fairly well. I do think though that they lack the depth to compete with south's bench, and South has better athletes that take care of the ball.

Eventually I belive that south's team play and athleticism will take over and prevail pushing the card's to the third round of the sweet 16.

I do think though that they lack the depth to compete with south's bench, and South has better athletes that take care of the ball.

Depth? SL plays 7 players. They may have quality depth, but they NEVER use it. I've seen them up 25+ in the 4th, and still have their starters in the game.

I think SL wins this game, relatively easily. Hopefully Wright will rest his starters as much as possible, they'll need that rest come Saturday morning.

Depth? SL plays 7 players. They may have quality depth, but they NEVER use it. I've seen them up 25+ in the 4th, and still have their starters in the game.

I think SL wins this game, relatively easily. Hopefully Wright will rest his starters as much as possible, they'll need that rest come Saturday morning.

If you need rest at this point you probably wont see saturday.Risk of injury maybe,but not rest.Oh yeah...they always play 8 deep if its close and it's the whole bench if it's a blow-out.If not there are some 13th region teams that could have really been humiliated.(even worse.)But with that being said,this is the sweet sixteen and at this point it's "all systems go" or go home.You cant worry about sportsmanship,class,or being concerned with what people think if you blow somebody out ,you have to seal the deal.