Boone Co./Montgomery Co. predictions

What's the Boone Co. team like? I have not seen them this year. I know they beat Mason Co. by a point, so that should give you some indication of how the game should play out (Montgomery beat Mason by 4 on their home floor in the region).

What's the Boone Co. team like? I have not seen them this year. I know they beat Mason Co. by a point, so that should give you some indication of how the game should play out (Montgomery beat Mason by 4 on their home floor in the region).

They are young. They only have 1 senior and they start 2 Freshman, I think. The 9th Region tourney MVP is just a 9th grader.

I've seen each team only once, both against Mason County. Boone won by 1 at Mason County; Mason had only committed 1 fsecond-half foul until late in the game, so they couldn't swap free throws for field goal/3-pt. attempts.

Montgomery is an interesting team to watch. They don't appear to be all that athletic, but they play great team basketball, get good shots, rebound and take care of the basketball.

Should be a good game, I'll say Montgomery County by a bucket or two.

I saw Montgomery earlier this year and they really pushed the ball up the floor for some easy baskets. Not sure if they prefer to play that up-tempo all the time but Boone will really have to get back on Dfense. Quick up and down may not be the kind of game Boone wants to play here.

Boone will have a size advantage and may try to play more half court offense. Whoever dictates tempo should have the upper hand. Should be a great ballgame.

Boone probably prefers a half-court game, but they have 4 solid guards that can handle the ball and run. They had a last second loss to Christian County in a fast high scoring game as well as they beat Henry Clay who is a fast up-tempo team. I believe the team that gets the jitters out and settles down first will have the advantage.

Boone probably prefers a half-court game, but they have 4 solid guards that can handle the ball and run. They had a last second loss to Christian County in a fast high scoring game as well as they beat Henry Clay who is a fast up-tempo team. I believe the team that gets the jitters out and settles down first will have the advantage.

Then I guess the advantage should go to Montgomery Co. who is going to Diddle for the second straight year with the same exact players. What is really scary is that Montgomery mostly plays 3 juniors, a sophmore and a freshmen during the game. And all of them played in the Sweet 16 last year. Last year could have been a start to something special for Montgomery Co. girls basketball.

I think there aren't going to be too many jitters for the Rebels. I think these girls are playing loose, as it showed in their win over NDA the other night. NDA was the heavy favorite on paper, but Boone played like they had nothing to lose, and they will again in Diddle.

I think there aren't going to be too many jitters for the Rebels. I think these girls are playing loose, as it showed in their win over NDA the other night. NDA was the heavy favorite on paper, but Boone played like they had nothing to lose, and they will again in Diddle.

The atmosphere at Diddle is a little different than a regional tournament. Just a lot more stuff to get used to (i.e., media time-outs, media in general, people all over the place, and numerous other distractions.) Many teams go into the Sweet 16 on a high and then when they hit the floor they are like a deer in headlights.:creepy: