November 3, 201411 yr The Gio/Hill situation isn't a tough one. Hill is built to be an every down feature back and Gio is built to be a game changing match up nightmare. Using them accordingly shouldn't be a tough decision...
November 3, 201411 yr Not a very good game for the Bengals. They looked good in spots and not so good. The difference in this game was red zone scoring and special teams. Often times that is the difference. Very fine line from great , good and mediocre!! 1 yard, 1 tackle, one catch!
November 3, 201411 yr A win is a win is a win. I'll take it, even if it was an ugly one. I totally agree. It was an ugly win...no doubt. But I will take all the double digit ugly wins I can get.
November 3, 201411 yr Its a good thing that the playoffs weren't today then. Way to many people read way to much into regular season performances when trying to think of what will happen in the playoffs. All that matters is getting to the playoffs, and then anything can happen. We have seen teams who were hot going into the playoffs and lose right away. We have seen teams who have sucked down the stretch and then go win the Super Bowl. How you get there doesn't matter, getting there is all that matters because anything can happen then. The Bengals won 4 games last year in the regular season against teams who made the playoffs, and that didn't transition into a win in the playoffs. Because what happens in the regular season means nothing once your in the playoffs. Right now its important for the Bengals to keep finding ways to win, and hopefully get healthier. Then find a way to make the playoffs and play their best by then. I agree that getting in the playoffs and getting hot at the right time, a team can win it all. However, it is very hard for a team to overcome costly mistakes by the QB against good teams in the playoffs. These past few games, it looks as if Daulton is getting back into his old bad habits. Hopefully the Bengals staff can coach this out of him.
November 3, 201411 yr I haven't seen anything yet this season that tells me the Bengals have any real chance to progressing deep into the playoffs. I like Andy but the Bengals aren't winning any AFC titles with Andy and Marvin leading the way. Just isn't happening. They are stuck with Andy until something better comes along but Marvin needed to go years ago. Big Bengals fan here for 39 years but I just don't see this bunch challenging the elite teams in the league.
November 3, 201411 yr Author I haven't seen anything yet this season that tells me the Bengals have any real chance to progressing deep into the playoffs. I like Andy but the Bengals aren't winning any AFC titles with Andy and Marvin leading the way. Just isn't happening. They are stuck with Andy until something better comes along but Marvin needed to go years ago. Big Bengals fan here for 39 years but I just don't see this bunch challenging the elite teams in the league. We also havent seen the real potential of this team since the first quarter of the first game of the year before injuries started happening. Tyler Eifert went out that game, and that game started the whole Burfict week to week injury thing and also Aj Green gets hurt that game. The bengals started this turn around the last few years by drafting well and having depth and hitting on a few stars. Well our stars Green, Burfict, and Atkins have never been 100 percent together yet this year. This team will be better for it in the end if they can keep finding ways to win and then hopefully eventually have everyone back together and healthy for a playoff run.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.