Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Hardin 44 John Hardin 36

Featured Replies

This one snuck by me on Friday night as I had been watching for it. Definitely a surprise. This was North Hardin's only district win and it kept them alive in the playoff hunt. Ideally for the Trojans, John Hardin would lose to Grayson County and Jeffersontown would upset Iroquois. That would leave both North Hardin and John Hardin at 1-3 in the district, and North Hardin would get in. If both John Hardin and Jeffersontown lose, it'll come down to a three way tiebreak.

 

John Hardin can still theoretically get the #2 seed, but #1 is out now. Grayson County has clinched that. The only path that leads to a shot at #2 for John Hardin is if they win and Jeffersontown beats Iroquois. That would leave three teams at 2-2. The win over Grayson County would be in play for JH tiebreaker wise, and combined with PRP, would likely be enough to get them #2 since Iroquois's wins have all come against teams with low win totals.

I didn't see JHardin slipping in their district, but injuries to key guys can really hurt. This district race will be interesting to watch.

This game stung because it was against North. John will not beat Grayson next week but I think they will get in because I don't see Jeffersontown beating Iroquois. This is just not a good team, injuries or not. This year and next year are going to be tough pills for us to swallow but I and many other JH fans are so high on our freshman and sophomores that this is just a bump in the road and we will be back on top soon enough.

This game stung because it was against North. John will not beat Grayson next week but I think they will get in because I don't see Jeffersontown beating Iroquois. This is just not a good team, injuries or not. This year and next year are going to be tough pills for us to swallow but I and many other JH fans are so high on our freshman and sophomores that this is just a bump in the road and we will be back on top soon enough.

 

Definitely suffering in the present for the future. I think it'll pay dividends in two years.

It's been a tough year for coach Lewis. Jh has been decimated by injures. They lost both starting RB's to ACL's and a right tackle to an ACL. Any team who loses a starting RB more less 2 in one year would struggle. They have battled and competed each week, but can't finish. They will rebound and be better next year, but they will still be a sophomore/junior laden team next year.

John Hardin has no chance at 2nd. KCD has as many wins as PRP. 3 way tie breaker: one team must beat the other two or combined wins of 4 opponents won against.

John Hardin has no chance at 2nd. KCD has as many wins as PRP. 3 way tie breaker: one team must beat the other two or combined wins of 4 opponents won against.

 

But John Hardin would have something Iroquois does not - a win over Grayson County. The tiebreaker provisions only exclude teams from counting the win totals of other teams in the tiebreaker, not the district. Grayson County has seven wins. So while KCD may equal PRP, Iroquois's sum total of the other wins doesn't match Grayson County.

It goes without saying that this was a great win for Coach Brent Thompson and his Trojans. You won't find a better guy in the business, I can promise you that. And, the same goes for the Chad Lewis and his crew at John Hardin.

 

Congrats to the Trojan Nation, and all of those who on here who might take jabs at John (not that there are any on this thread) and/or glad to see them slip and fall a bit; enjoy it while it lasts, because next year will start the climb back & come 16, 17.....get out of the way.

It will all play out this week anyway.

^ Now on that you're probably right. That's why I was saying theoretically - I don't actually think the necessary results will take place. I'd give John Hardin a puncher's shot against Grayson County, but I'd be very surprised if J-Town won over Iroquois. Especially since Iroquois has a lot on the line (a loss would definitely bump them from 2nd if John Hardin also lost, and likely would on tiebreakers if John Hardin won).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.