October 17, 201411 yr Author With all the corruption and trouble Villa Hills had had they would be insane not to elect Callery. He was a successful mayor in NKY's largest city. There really isn't a choice match resumes side by side and accomplishments. Callery is an obvious choice for a city who's government has become a little bit of a laughing stock. Didn't the whole Due embezzlement issue in Covington happen under his watch? Don't know for sure....just asking.
October 17, 201411 yr With all the corruption and trouble Villa Hills had had they would be insane not to elect Callery. He was a successful mayor in NKY's largest city. There really isn't a choice match resumes side by side and accomplishments. Callery is an obvious choice for a city who's government has become a little bit of a laughing stock. I like Mike Martin (voted for him last time), Ernie and Holley but have to agree with you.
October 18, 201411 yr The Martin Chronicles wedb site is an entertaining view of the mayor's alleged malfeasance. Here is an excerpt: Here is what we have been told and are working to nail down with rock solid confirmation. We have been told that malfeasant Mayor Mike Martin-finally understanding that he is in a very desperate fight to hold on to the taxpayer-funded city treasury-ordered multiple city employees to "remove all campaign signs" on November 3, the day before he stands for re-election.
October 18, 201411 yr After what Villa Hills has been through over the past ___ years, I would want to clean house. I find it hard to see how anyone would vote for Martin.
October 18, 201411 yr Didn't the whole Due embezzlement issue in Covington happen under his watch? Don't know for sure....just asking. Honestly I don't know the time line of when it started but it's hard to put blame on him. He did so much for the city and that city has missed leadership since he left. I was shocked when I heard he was coming out of retirement. Like I said Villa Hills had been riddled with corruption and an outside proven leader seems like the perfect recipe.
November 5, 201411 yr Butch Callery has won the mayoral election for Villa Hills with 45% of the vote. Brown 25%, Martin 18%, and Menninger-Isenhour 8%. Mayor Callery will be surrounded by a very different council than the one that was just in office. Waugaman 12% (New to council) Ringo 11% (Previous council member, voted out in 2012 election) Kilburn 11% (Previous council member, voted out in 2012 election) Bruns 10% (Previous council member, voted out in 2012 election) Koenig 10% (Returns to council after being elected in in 2012) Yost-Vaden 9% (New to council) Others receiving votes: Berger 9%, Wischer 9%, Hilgeford 8%, Sogar 5% (had withdrawn from race so couldn't win)
November 5, 201411 yr Awesome. Butch is a great man . Villa Hills is in good hands. I hear a lot of good things so I'm excited to see what happens in the next few years.
November 5, 201411 yr Author I'd would be very interested in "Tedfromvillahills'" take on the subject
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.