Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cody Gilbert Congratulated Jackson City

Featured Replies

I just wanted to let everyone know what a "Class Act" Mr. Cody Gilbert of the Wolfe County Wolves is. After Jackson City lost it's 14th Regional Championship game but came home with the school's first ever Runner-up trophy, the Police, Sheriff, Fire Depts, ect.. gave Jackson City an escort from the Breathitt/Perry County line through town and up to their school. On the way to the school, standing in the Lee's College parking lot was Mr. Cody Gilbert jumping up and down and screaming and yelling and cheering on Jackson City, I'll have to admit that it brought a tear to my eye. What a show of class by this young man and what a great way to represent Wolfe County and it's team. He even showed up at the school and congradulated some of the players and wished them well. I'll follow Cody where ever he goes to play and cheer him on as often as I can. What a wonderful kid and what a Great basketball player! :thumb:

Did Jackson City get beat by Wolfe Co in the finals? Was Cody a major part in that? That does sound a bit different for him to be in a parking lot screaming and cheering? It also shows some class, though.

OK... that is weird!

I agree.

Nothing weird about a kid showing class.

OK... that is weird!

 

Yeah...i don't see why he would do that

Did Jackson City get beat by Wolfe Co in the finals? Was Cody a major part in that? That does sound a bit different for him to be in a parking lot screaming and cheering? It also shows some class, though.

Actually Jackson beat Wolfe Co. in the finals of the district tournament. I'm still trying to figure out why his behavior was deemed "weird"??? I think it indicates that Mr. Gilbert is probably a pretty good guy to go out of his way to show support for our boys after a hard loss, especially considering that Wolfe lost to Jackson twice this year. If that is "weird" then we should all be striving to be the weirdest people around. I, personally, call it class and as a Tiger fan and parent, I appreciate it.

I totally agree i saw Gilbert with one of the players he got in a argument with during the final game. I saw him talking to Watkins and Howard and was shocked when he arrvied at the school, but it does show class.

I just think that Gilbert was proud of the boys from Jackson and wanted to tell them that he appreciated them going out and playing hard and that they should keep their heads up because they did what eveyone thought they could do and that they should be proud. In a game the competitive juices are flowing and it easy easy for players to look like they hate each other, but of teh cort I woud say Gilbert respects every player on teh Jackson City team.

Everyone from Wolfe Co. was proud of Jackson.

That did show alot of class for Gilbert and the entire boys basketball team at wolfe county

The truth may just now be hitting Gilbert after his last game,"there more to life than just basketball". Making friends, associates and opening doors to life by getting your name out by having a good reputation while still young is essential. This way ,maybe a year maybe 20, he may need some help from one of these persons on the other team. This just shows that he is better preparing hisself for life, eventhough, this is a odd way of doing it, but who knows what the future holds.

Classy-yes

Weird(means it isnt normal actions from the majority of players)- yes

Well Representation of Wolfe and Team- Yes

=

Overall Rating-:thumb::thumb:

 

 

 

 

With this attitude he should have a bright future, Goodluck with what the future holds Cody.

Classy-yes

Weird(means it isnt normal actions from the majority of players)- yes

Well Representation of Wolfe and Team- Yes

=

Overall Rating-:thumb::thumb:

 

 

 

 

With this attitude he should have a bright future, Goodluck with what the future holds Cody.

 

 

Over the course of my basketbal career I have noticed basketball brings out the best, and the worst in players. For example in the 55th district championship game when Fugate shoved Bush, or when Gilbert shoved Thompson. But for Cody Gilbert to come out and openly congratulate the team that beat his team in the District Championship took alot of class.

 

And I agree, I think the future will be very bright for Gilbert. GOOD LUCK MR. Gilbert

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.