Highlands/FTJFL (Blue) 22 Union Raiders 12

THUNDERBIRDS

I'm guessing in 80-90' range. This group is a little down in numbers but the coming years I have heard are gaining strength in their number pool. As long as they stay in the FTJFL, they will keep building the numbers. Not sure they will play full time outside league. They are doing now to add games against other opponents than themselves. We will see.

If we reach 90 kids then we divide the kids up between 4 teams and play one another. The magic number is 90 though in order to do so.....

I have heard that not all the boys in the FTJFL are in the FT.Thomas schools. Some are from ST.Cath. St.JOe. St,therse and others. IS this true?

Yep! Just like there are upwards 20 kids from Ft Thomas playing in other leagues namely Red Devils. They will be back when it counts but some do other leagues because of weight issues or their buddies from other sport teams are playing there. And some even because of the more intense atmosphere in the NKYYFL.

Ok your probably right. We will then just go ahead and add the rest of the 7th graders that are divided up equally between 3 teams. Highlands is now 44 strong and probably now going to Platoon Union. Things change very quickly my friend. So when England is lined up at TB and is pitched the ball we have people there to slow him down and when Union lines England up at TE to throw to him for desperate yards, no one has to move and we have fresh bodies covering him up. It's a numbers game now with a pretty strong Highlands 7th grade team. We will see how slant my story is in 2 years when they play as Freshman! Also I don't think Kyle England finishes his HS career carrying the Football. The speed of the game increases quite drastically starting just next year and you are not going to just run people over because you are more physically more mature than the other 12 & 13 year old boys. Very nice runner now though.....Wow what a load he is! Good luck in your tourney:thumb:

Who is the best on the field is debatable by who's sideline you sit on and is a judgement call at best. Unless you have a crystal ball how can you say a big kid wont keep growing and won't get faster. who's to say Highland's kids catch up to him? What if they never do? Do you know he's not going to lift hard and work on speed? No you don't, so to say such things is ludicrous. Your kids may stop growing and stay small and slow? See how that sounds. Give up the future telling and your right well see in two years. BTW aren't we on a roll as far as frosh wins over you? Guess the kids do keep growing! Believe it or not, not all football players go to Highlands and not all of them at Highlands are the best. You have a system but your skills are looking thin from what I hear is in the pipeline from some Highlands parents.

The 7th grade Huddleston kid from HMS is probably the best player I have seen in the FTJFL in quite some time. He is big mean and nasty!! The kid will defiantely be a player to keep your eye on. His dad is a big guy so I would think he will grow to be a nice size hs player..

Guest comeonman
Who is the best on the field is debatable by who's sideline you sit on and is a judgement call at best. Unless you have a crystal ball how can you say a big kid wont keep growing and won't get faster. who's to say Highland's kids catch up to him? What if they never do? Do you know he's not going to lift hard and work on speed? No you don't, so to say such things is ludicrous. Your kids may stop growing and stay small and slow? See how that sounds. Give up the future telling and your right well see in two years. BTW aren't we on a roll as far as frosh wins over you? Guess the kids do keep growing! Believe it or not, not all football players go to Highlands and not all of them at Highlands are the best. You have a system but your skills are looking thin from what I hear is in the pipeline from some Highlands parents.[/quote/]

Whoever told you the pipeline in thin is LOST! An what does some freshman wins do for your varsity? Absolutely nothing!

Guest comeonman
Who is the best on the field is debatable by who's sideline you sit on and is a judgement call at best. Unless you have a crystal ball how can you say a big kid wont keep growing and won't get faster. who's to say Highland's kids catch up to him? What if they never do? Do you know he's not going to lift hard and work on speed? No you don't, so to say such things is ludicrous. Your kids may stop growing and stay small and slow? See how that sounds. Give up the future telling and your right well see in two years. BTW aren't we on a roll as far as frosh wins over you? Guess the kids do keep growing! Believe it or not, not all football players go to Highlands and not all of them at Highlands are the best. You have a system but your skills are looking thin from what I hear is in the pipeline from some Highlands parents.[/quote/]

Whoever told you the pipeline in thin is LOST! An what does some freshman wins do for your varsity? Absolutely nothing!

Copy this post this 8th grade class will see a state title sooner than what YOU think. An Huddleston was the best player on that field. Unions rb was a stud though!

Your poster brought up frosh ball not me. I was referring to that he thinks a big kid will be caught up talent wise by other kids. Like I said unless you have a crystal ball you cant be so sure. His brother is a junior and 6'1 and 215. I doubt he will be small and eclipsed by everyone, like this is the pinnacle of the kids career. BTW this is his first year ever caring the rock. I never said you guys dont have a team or talent, as far as the pipeline that came from a high school poster from your side. Carry that confidence with a little modesty, that would serve you well. Highlands is not the land of football gods and if you follow the trend the parody is coming. You only get so much time at the top. You have been beaten and it's not an improbable reality that you will get beat some more. You guys have a great stretch going. You should respect others though. You know what they say if you have to toot your own horn. lol

Guest comeonman
Your poster brought up frosh ball not me. I was referring to that he thinks a big kid will be caught up talent wise by other kids. Like I said unless you have a crystal ball you cant be so sure. His brother is a junior and 6'1 and 215. I doubt he will be small and eclipsed by everyone, like this is the pinnacle of the kids career. BTW this is his first year ever caring the rock. I never said you guys dont have a team or talent, as far as the pipeline that came from a high school poster from your side. Carry that confidence with a little modesty, that would serve you well. Highlands is not the land of football gods and if you follow the trend the parody is coming. You only get so much time at the top. You have been beaten and it's not an improbable reality that you will get beat some more. You guys have a great stretch going. You should respect others though. You know what they say if you have to toot your own horn. lol

I respect all programs. But 22 or 23 state titles leads me to believe this class will see a state title. Highlands didn't just become the cream of the crop. They been doing this for 100yrs. Good luck to Ryle!

I respect all programs. But 22 or 23 state titles leads me to believe this class will see a state title. Highlands didn't just become the cream of the crop. They been doing this for 100yrs. Good luck to Ryle!

We all know the Highlands history. It's just seems you guys live by the attitude that if you show up you win. I know that's not true with the kids because they have to work hard to get were they want to be. The over the top arrogance by some parents is the thing everyone notices. Believe me everyone notices! You've earned the right to have some swag. Just not predictions of domination. High school football changes with each class. I do think right before Dale came you guys were down for a while right? We always wish Highlands good luck, except on game days that we are playing each other. lol. We are in different classes so I wish you guys tons of Championships. Hope to play again soon. On the field is where all this conjecture gets sorted out!

The Old Man said that's why we play the games!