Highlands/FTJFL (Blue) 22 Union Raiders 12

THUNDERBIRDS

Highlands Blue scores 22 unanswered points to defeat the Union Raiders. Someone mentioned the Raiders team is all 7th graders and we're previously undefeated before yesterday. What an impressive team they have. Good luck the rest of the season. Would like to see a game between the Raiders and all of the 7th graders in the FTJFL combined. It would be a dandy....2 years can't come soon enough.

Thanks for the compliment. The Union Raiders were all 7th graders and had a 1st and goal from the one with a chance to go up 18/20 - 6 towards the end of the 3rd quarter against mostly 8th grade Highlands kids. Unfortunately they almost fumbled on the next play and lost yardage and eventually turned the ball over on the drive. They work extremely hard every day and are great kids. They have had a great season so far and will begin the 7th grade state playoffs next Saturday @ Ryle against an always tough Elkhorn team out of Frankfort.

Thanks for the compliment. The Union Raiders were all 7th graders and had a 1st and goal from the one with a chance to go up 18/20 - 6 towards the end of the 3rd quarter against mostly 8th grade Highlands kids. Unfortunately they almost fumbled on the next play and lost yardage and eventually turned the ball over on the drive. They work extremely hard every day and are great kids. They have had a great season so far and will begin the 7th grade state playoffs next Saturday @ Ryle against an always tough Elkhorn team out of Frankfort.

Yeah pretty close....Like BTLA said the FTJFL Blue team consists of 10-8th graders & 14-7th graders. All 3 of the FTJFL teams this year are very alike. More 7th graders than 8th. I think there is only 33-8th graders spread throughout 3 teams this year. The group you watched the other day had 5-8th graders and filled in by 7th graders pretty much the entire game. #10 Brycen Huddleston for the FTJFL Blue team is only a 7th grader and clearly was the best player on the field on Sat. These 2 teams were actually pretty evenly matched with a few 8th graders blended in....Union has a very nice team. They looked the part that's for sure.

I don't know what you were watching but the England boy from Union was the best player on the field. Take away the 8th graders and Union beats that team soundly. Should have beat them with the 8th graders. You can also slant the story any way that you want but 8th graders versus 7th graders are a big difference. 10 8th graders is 10 more than Union had. Highlands had a pretty nice team. Good luck

I don't know what you were watching but the England boy from Union was the best player on the field. Take away the 8th graders and Union beats that team soundly. Should have beat them with the 8th graders. You can also slant the story any way that you want but 8th graders versus 7th graders are a big difference. 10 8th graders is 10 more than Union had. Highlands had a pretty nice team. Good luck

Wait a second as mentioned previously HHS boys are split among 3 teams. News flash championships are not won in the 7th grade. I heard Union was solid. No TC slant here we have seen good Union teams, let's be honest it really has not translated up to the varsity. No need to bump your chest out.

Ok your probably right. We will then just go ahead and add the rest of the 7th graders that are divided up equally between 3 teams. Highlands is now 44 strong and probably now going to Platoon Union. Things change very quickly my friend. So when England is lined up at TB and is pitched the ball we have people there to slow him down and when Union lines England up at TE to throw to him for desperate yards, no one has to move and we have fresh bodies covering him up. It's a numbers game now with a pretty strong Highlands 7th grade team. We will see how slant my story is in 2 years when they play as Freshman! Also I don't think Kyle England finishes his HS career carrying the Football. The speed of the game increases quite drastically starting just next year and you are not going to just run people over because you are more physically more mature than the other 12 & 13 year old boys. Very nice runner now though.....Wow what a load he is! Good luck in your tourney:thumb:

How many 7th Graders and 8th Graders does the FTJFL have? Is it time for Highlands to join the NKMSAA for football?

I'm guessing in 80-90' range. This group is a little down in numbers but the coming years I have heard are gaining strength in their number pool. As long as they stay in the FTJFL, they will keep building the numbers. Not sure they will play full time outside league. They are doing now to add games against other opponents than themselves. We will see.