Jackson City 65 Leslie 64 1 OT

Congrats to the Tigers. I think I found the game that I will be listening to and live updating tomorrow. I'm gettin chills just thinking about what tiny Jackson City would be like if the team were to win tomorrow. It would be the talk of the state and maybe even the country.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm soooo PROUD of these boys! They are truly my Heros! I knew they could do it. These kids played with Heart, Heart, Heart! Just as I prayed they would. One more game Tigers! Play like you have never played before!!!!

Also hats off to the Leslie County team, especially the seniors. They are a fine group of boys and you should keep your heads up as you have had great carreers. These kids have a lot of class. Speaking of class, thanks so much to the Leslie fans who came out onto the floor and congradulated the players and fans of Jackson City and the Leslie fans who congradulated them outside of the gym after the game. Classy folks you are. Thanks again, and Go Tigers bring it home!!!!

I listened to this game and it was a definite nail biter. Jackson City is having an excellent year. Who would have thought at the beginning of this season that Jackson City would be a district champion and be playing for the 14th region. They have proved all doubters wrong this season. I cant wait for the game with Hazard this has the Hoosiers story line.

Hazard with all of its tradition playing agianst Jackson City who just won its first district in 72 years. Coach Livley has done a great job this year. Good Luck to the tigers in the championship game.

Congrats to the Eagles on a great season as well.

I thought this game was the best I have seen in a long time. Both teams showed class and the players were very respectful to each other as i saw several JCS players shaking hands outside with Leslie players. I thought when ever Howard went down the game had Leslie win written all over it but Kilburn stepped up huge. GO get em Tigers bring this baby home.:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

It was a great game. Jackson City got down 21-10 after the 1st quarter but came back to take the lead and then trail by 1 at the half. Tension-packed game the whole way. I thought the Tigers were in trouble when Kyle Howard went out....that kid is a PLAYER! But he came back later, and the other guys held the fort until he was able to re-enter the game. His 3 late in the OT was huge.

BTW, where in the world did all those Jackson City fans come from?:lol:

There's not nearly that many folks who live in Jackson. But the was purple and gold was everywhere in the stands, pretty much filling up one side of the gym. Their fans were really into it:thumb:

Perfesser,

We brought everybody except the ones that were in jail. Plus, we had a lot of help from the Breathitt fans. We all live in the same town afterall, and they support us, just like we support the Bobcats.

Quote:

"Originally Posted by dominator_58"

"leslie could put three guys out there and beat jackson city by 10+ "

Leslie could have put 6 out there and it would not of made any diff. Jackson City plays as hard as any teain the state. Leslie for some reason cannot win the big games, always seems to be looking "ahead" in basketball and football

I watched the greatest night of 14th region semi-final action in history...great games. Great effort. These kids from all four teams should be applauded.

Great job by Jackson...the effort they give is really fun to watch. They play hard for 32 minutes and never get down or give up. Congratulations...and you better believe I'll be there tonight. Go Tigers!