Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Bracket Released

Featured Replies

The KHSAA has released the state tourney bracket....

 

Region 1 vs Region 14

Region 9 vs Region 7

Region 15 vs Region 3

Region 5 vs Region 10

 

Region 13 vs Region 2

Region 10 vs Region 16

Region 6 vs Region 8

Region 12 vs Region 4

 

Some very interesting 1st round match-ups (NDA/Ryle/St. Henry (9) vs Assumption (7)) and (Mercy(6) vs Oldham Co/North Oldham/Simon Kenton (8)

 

Scott/Campbell Co/Bishop Brossart (10) could make a nice run to the semi-finals to meet Mercy.

 

Thoughts?

Region 11? Is the 10th playing in the top or bottom?

The KHSAA has released the state tourney bracket....

 

Region 1 vs Region 14

Region 9 vs Region 7

Region 15 vs Region 3

Region 5 vs Region 10

 

Region 13 vs Region 2

Region 10 vs Region 16

Region 6 vs Region 8

Region 12 vs Region 4

 

Some very interesting 1st round match-ups (NDA/Ryle/St. Henry (9) vs Assumption (7)) and (Mercy(6) vs Oldham Co/North Oldham/Simon Kenton (8)

 

Scott/Campbell Co/Bishop Brossart (10) could make a nice run to the semi-finals to meet Mercy.

 

Thoughts?

 

My thoughts are three---

 

1. NDA should be kicking themselves even more for not taking care of business last year. They had a cake walk into the final and played a "down" Assumption team in the final. The "stars" mailed it in and the showing was embarrassing.

 

2. The blind draw sucks and is completely unfair to the deserving teams. Any team coming out of Region 9 should not play the Assumption/Sacred Heart region in the first round. Complete joke.

 

3. I am glad that Region 7 and 9 are opposite Mercy. That gives my pick an easy ride to the final. They will not 'mail it in' that much I am sure of. Go Jags!

Region 11? Is the 10th playing in the top or bottom?

 

10th is playing 16th in the bottom

11th plays the 5th in the top

a "down" Assumption team?

They finished 6th in the nation last year, knocked off #1 Mercy twice, and their setter was named the Gatorade National Player of the Year. I hope and pray my team has this kind of down year.

a "down" Assumption team?

They finished 6th in the nation last year, knocked off #1 Mercy twice, and their setter was named the Gatorade National Player of the Year. I hope and pray my team has this kind of down year.

 

I totally agree. I was comparing that Assumption team to the recent years past Assumption teams. I meant "down" as a relative term. Assumption can only be compared to Assumption.

 

Couple that with NDA beating them (1st time since 1994) at the LIVT, last year was truly NDA's best shot. However, between the parents completely disrupting the season (including the physical assault by a father on one of the coaches the week before state) and the team's "stars" just flat out refusing to play, NDA missed it's only chance for years.

 

They had the best draw, Assumption and Mercy played am epic semi final (should have been the final but...blind draw...) and NDA should have at least been competitive in the final.

 

I meant no disrespect to Assumption at all. Best team and coach won

I totally agree! NDA missed the boat on taking the opportunity last year. They allowed too many issues to stand in the way of the game. The outcome this year will be grim....it's a developing year all around, that's for sure.

Easy......when Oldham has 1 total loss? and North 3? Won't be so easy I don't think.

 

I always appreciate when parents support their teams on this site but find it amusing when parents ignore the obvious. Mercy, Assumption, Sacred Heart and even NDA are in a different league than the rest. The gap is closing, but your teams don't stand a chance against Mercy. Sorry but facts are facts and I stand behind my choice...Go Jags!

First of all not a parent, second they should be in a league by themselves, private schools with all girls

Whether they "should be" or not, the point remains the same. Oldham schools would be swept by Mercy.

Easy......when Oldham has 1 total loss? and North 3? Won't be so easy I don't think.

 

Mercy is the #1 ranked team in the country and they will absolutely destroy whoever wins the 8th. Wins and losses mean nothing. Mercy, Assumption, Sacred Heart, ND on a totally different level.

First of all not a parent, second they should be in a league by themselves, private schools with all girls

 

Interesting concept, I was getting ready ask how many schools this would include but then I did a search. This is what I found:

- Assumption (Louisville)

- Holy Rosary Academy (Louisville)

- Mercher Academy (Louisville)

- NDA (Covington)

- Presentation Academy (Louisville)

- Sacred Heard Academy (Louisville)

 

I have to say if NDA was in their own league with all girl schools they would have a drive for each away game.. :)

 

I would say it would make for some awesome matches..

Interesting concept, I was getting ready ask how many schools this would include but then I did a search. This is what I found:

- Assumption (Louisville)

- Holy Rosary Academy (Louisville)

- Mercher Academy (Louisville)

- NDA (Covington)

- Presentation Academy (Louisville)

- Sacred Heard Academy (Louisville)

 

I have to say if NDA was in their own league with all girl schools they would have a drive for each away game.. :)

 

I would say it would make for some awesome matches..

 

NDA already plays Assumption, Sacred Heart and Mercy (I think you got auto corrected to "Mercher Academy" above). The other schools, I believe, are in Class A and would not be worth the drive for NDA.

 

NDA's mostly JV team beat Presentation at the LIVT this year. The two seniors on varsity played with the JV team because all of the juniors could not be there on Friday, beat Presentation.

 

The private/public thing doesn't work in volleyball. Let's face it, there is not much of a "upper middle class" in terms of volleyball. You have the elite 4 and then a pretty big drop off to everyone else. And in the Elite 4, are two teams routinely in the top 5 in the country.

 

The blind draw has to go. At least seed the top 4 and then blind draw the rest.

Maybe we should switch to what football does and develop classes (6A, 5A, 4A, etc.). There is no reason that teams like Corbin should be playing teams like Mercy or Assumption. That's just embarrassing on both ends. Getting beat that badly is just demoralizing for teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.