The Big Bang Theory

LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!!

DVR'd it and watched them both last night when we got home. #2 was so much funnier but that makes sense because episode 1 had to tie up all the loose strings fromt he season ending and explain the change for Penny etc.

The spit ball though was my favorite part! I hadn't laughed so hard in a while as I did with the spit ball scene.

Have loved the show from Day 1 and consider it to be in the top 5 of my all time favorites. I feel confident that it will always remain in my top 5. Strange, but some all time favs I can watch to no end like Andy Griffith and Seinfeld, but others like Happy Days don't do much for me anymore.

For the past couple of seasons I have stayed on track with the show like always, but have noticed a certain slipping in its presentation and writing that I have trouble putting my finger on. When certain things once felt natural and believable, and made me laugh uncontrollably, I now find things here and there not to be so nailed tight like it once was and maybe a bit forced.

Hopefully it's just me and my expectations and reaction, and not truly the writing. I still very much enjoy it more than just about anything else on TV, but fear that the writers are bound to run out of steam eventually. All I hope is that when it does finally come to an end it's done so gracefully and doesn't wear itself out to the point the death of it becomes sad to witness.

With the brilliance of the writing team so far throughout, I've confidence that it will be treated to vanish with as many chuckles as it so fantastically began.

I get what your saying, show doesn't feel as spontaneous. You can almost hit pause and finish every sentence for them now.

"spontaneous"... that's the word... thank you.

Perhaps it's just a weird paradox of being so familiar with the show that it's now too predictable. The things that would catch us off guard are now expected, sorta messing with the spontaneity.

Could be us, could be the show, or a little of both.

What about the Stewart/Howard's mom (Deb) connection?

I've dug the actor that plays Stuart from the first time I saw him on a "Staples" commercial years ago going through printer cartridge numbers for customers. He then displayed that he had the comedy thing down.

I'm glad they've decided to utilize him more, but must admit that although it's a surprise that I didn't see coming, my first reaction to this new addition felt a bit like the writers were grabbing at straws.

Perhaps I'm way off and it will prove to be funny as hell. I hope that I'm wrong, but initially it just seems odd, but then again "odd" is what they're aiming for, so in that they've certainly succeeded.

I'm not giving up on it, and I do expect it to take crazy turns that are outrageous.

I do hope we never do visually see Howard's mom because the mystery of that I think has been a brilliant approach.

I've dug the actor that plays Stuart from the first time I saw him on a "Staples" commercial years ago going through printer cartridge numbers for customers. He then displayed that he had the comedy thing down.

I'm glad they've decided to utilize him more, but must admit that although it's a surprise that I didn't see coming, my first reaction to this new addition felt a bit like the writers were grabbing at straws.

Perhaps I'm way off and it will prove to be funny as hell. I hope that I'm wrong, but initially it just seems odd, but then again "odd" is what they're aiming for, so in that they've certainly succeeded.

I'm not giving up on it, and I do expect it to take crazy turns that are outrageous.

I do hope we never do visually see Howard's mom because the mystery of that I think has been a brilliant approach.

At this point she would have to look like Jabba the Hutt to fit the descriptions given...it would be hilarious if it ended up being some little small woman that was exact opposite of what Howard has always said about he...that she just appears huge to him because he only weight 90 pounds!