Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FSU's Changed Stance On Winston Penalty

Featured Replies

He lied to the school.

 

So if he lied about what he did and they believed him why did they suspend him at all? Something doesn't smell to clean on the FSU administration side either .

 

I just don't care that he stood on the table and said it. I think if your offended by this you need to get out more. But if he lied then yes he deserves the suspension.

So if he lied about what he did and they believed him why did they suspend him at all? Something doesn't smell to clean on the FSU administration side either .

 

I just don't care that he stood on the table and said it. I think if your offended by this you need to get out more. But if he lied then yes he deserves the suspension.

 

Yea not a smart move by the school.

I dislike FSU. Winston should suspended multiple times before this. But Im just confused how this is worthy of a suspension. It's an Internet video that went viral and his poor attempt at humor. Who was harmed ?

 

Winston is a representative of the school on their dime. When they're paying 30k a year to house him he has to represent the university. He's been in trouble numerous times and he's also lied many times. They punished him, that's how life works, except us average joes don't get as many chances.

Winston is a representative of the school on their dime. When they're paying 30k a year to house him he has to represent the university. He's been in trouble numerous times and he's also lied many times. They punished him, that's how life works, except us average joes don't get as many chances.

 

Stop it. It's a college campus in the cafeteria.

JW24, gotta disagree with you a bit here.

 

On the first graph, why suspend a player for a half, that lacks stones. The message: you did wrong and I am going to punish you, but I really need you to win so.....I've never seen a student suspended for half a school day???

 

In this instance the public was correct. FSU is in the business of educating young adults and preparing them for life after college. Thus far they have failed Winston in this manner. And because of his entitlement, or because he's an idiot altogether, he continues to put the university in tough spots.

 

On the second graph, I don't condone it...But that advice is time tested. :lol2:

 

NCAA penalty for targeting is only half a game. Alabama's CB had to sit the first half of today's game because of it.

Many have defended him saying that he was just quoting a viral video or meme...

 

What if he had quoted a racial or homophobic viral video...What would/should have happened then?

 

What if he had stood on the table and shouted the exact same words and it wasn't from some internet meme or viral video...would those same words be acceptable in a crowd of students of both genders in a college setting (not at a bar)?

Many have defended him saying that he was just quoting a viral video or meme...

 

What if he had quoted a racial or homophobic viral video...What would/should have happened then?

 

What if he had stood on the table and shouted the exact same words and it wasn't from some internet meme or viral video...would those same words be acceptable in a crowd of students of both genders in a college setting (not at a bar)?

 

I'm not defending what he did nor promoting other college students to do it. It was immature behavior but I expect that from college students.

 

Just because I don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean I agree with it.

Many have defended him saying that he was just quoting a viral video or meme... What if he had quoted a racial or homophobic viral video...What would/should have happened then? What if he had stood on the table and shouted the exact same words and it wasn't from some internet meme or viral video...would those same words be acceptable in a crowd of students of both genders in a college setting (not at a bar)?

 

Not to mention the fact that what he yelled was offensive to women.

Not to mention the fact that what he yelled was offensive to women.

That's my point, if he had said something racial or homophobic it would have been a MUCH BIGGER deal than it was.

I just hate how PC the world has become. I don't understand people who get so offended on dumb comments.

 

Just doesn't bug me.

Not to mention the fact that what he yelled was offensive to women.

 

Maybe he was just helping a confused friend who didn't know what to do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.