PC Help?

SportsGuy41017

Thanks all! I've been busy the past couple of days, I'll have to try some of these suggestions out Sunday night.

It seems the attempts yesterday deleted my entire history, which I am not too happy about. But last year I had the conduit virus as it took control of my browser and did the same thing, then a month later all of my history came back, hoping he same happens here.

Thanks again!

I'm jumping in on this thread. Sorry SG, I don't want to thread jack, but I'm going to anyway.

My computer boots up slow as molasses. Best Buy wants $200 to look at it and essentially take it back to how it was when I bought it.

I have the restore/driver disks. Can I do this myself or should I take to BB and just spend the money?

I'm jumping in on this thread. Sorry SG, I don't want to thread jack, but I'm going to anyway.

My computer boots up slow as molasses. Best Buy wants $200 to look at it and essentially take it back to how it was when I bought it.

I have the restore/driver disks. Can I do this myself or should I take to BB and just spend the money?

Do it yourself, someone that worked on the Geek Squad told me they use all free software from download.com, many of which have already been mentioned in this thread, to do those jobs anyway.

Do it yourself, someone that worked on the Geek Squad told me they use all free software from download.com, many of which have already been mentioned in this thread, to do those jobs anyway.

While I'm fairly competent with DIY stuff, this gives me reason to pause. I suppose the worst thing that could happen is I try it myself, mess it up and have to spend the $200.

I've used AVG rescue CD to solve some tough virus issues. Download the image file on AVG's web site, from an uninfected computer, and create a bootable CD. Run it on the machine (It boots up in Linix and the normal OS and the virus is not loaded). It may work although I've had a couple of instances that I had to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS.

While I'm fairly competent with DIY stuff, this gives me reason to pause. I suppose the worst thing that could happen is I try it myself, mess it up and have to spend the $200.

You could do that or give me half of what BB wants and I could do a better job than they would ;)

Please see some dude named theguru on this site if you need a reference.... ;)