Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Boys Players

Featured Replies

Who all do you think will be the top 5 stand out players in NKY this year? Any surprises?

Top 5 by position? By Grade? I think it is tough to lump them all into one group.

Who all do you think will be the top 5 stand out players in NKY this year? Any surprises?

How about you give us your list. Then we have something to build on.

Here are the returning Northern Kentucky Coaches Association all stars from last year. Not that I am saying this means anything, but it's a starting point for discussion.

 

First Team

Goalkeeper

Paul Grosser Newport Central Catholic Sr

 

Defenders

Jacob Hensley Newport Central Catholic Sr

Nathan Roe Ryle Ju

Parker Kenny Covington Catholic Sr

 

Midfielders

Patrick Louis Newport Central Catholic Sr

 

Strikers

Zane Ross Cooper Sr

 

Second Team

Defenders

Josh Kueper Bishop Brossart Sr

Alex Green St. Henry Sr

 

Midfielders

Chris O'Brien Cooper Sr

 

Strikers

Haven Borkowski Boone County Sr

 

Third Team

Goalkeeper

Nick Breslin Highlands Sr

 

Midfielders

Logan Dehner St. Henry Sr

Patrick Ballow Covington Catholic Sr

 

Honorable Mention

 

Goalkeeper

Alex Barton Villa Madonna Sr

 

Defenders

Stephen Petrie Dixie Sr

Mark Goller Bishop Brossart Sr

 

Midfielders

John Henn Bishop Brossart Sr

Max Dewald Pendleton County Ju

Sulliman Kayed Ryle Sr

And... apologies to anyone I missed.

I would think Luke Treadway of Scott would have to be in consideration. Already committed to UK to play in college

I would think Luke Treadway of Scott would have to be in consideration. Already committed to UK to play in college

 

Without question, will put up BIG numbers if healthy.

I was going to mention Treadway as well. Excellent player. Only negative is all the.... well you know.

Yes, the flopping............let's hope that is not the case this year or some yellow cards put an end to it fairly quickly. Regardless, he's obviously one of the regions top players, if not the top player in N. Ky. I don't put too much stock in the "all star" list from last year since I believe coaches nominate players and there seems to be some spreading around of the spots on that team. Had a hard time figuring out how some names got on that list but some of course were valid. In no particular order...

 

Boone - Borkowski should be their best player up top I'd think.

Cooper - Ross/O'Brien

CCH - they have four good seniors in Patrick Ballow, Joe Schuh, Robert Lilly and Parker Kenney - Kenney is probably the top defender in the area. Bryce Day is at the top of a very strong junior class for CCH.

Scott - other than Treadway, I think Seay in goal could be the top keeper in the area. I think Blake Schneider will have a good year as well.

St. Henry - I'd think Adam Lannon is their best player.

NCC - just not familiar enough w/ their players - same goes for Brossart

Campbell Co - Michael Dumaine - not sure there is much after him

Dixie - Wynn Feltner is a solid player and probably the best on that team.

Connor/Simon Kenton - no offense but don't see any standouts on their rosters but who knows.

Here are the returning Northern Kentucky Coaches Association all stars from last year. Not that I am saying this means anything, but it's a starting point for discussion.

 

First Team

Goalkeeper

Paul Grosser Newport Central Catholic Sr

 

Defenders

Jacob Hensley Newport Central Catholic Sr

Nathan Roe Ryle Ju

Parker Kenny Covington Catholic Sr

 

Midfielders

Patrick Louis Newport Central Catholic Sr

 

Strikers

Zane Ross Cooper Sr

 

Second Team

Defenders

Josh Kueper Bishop Brossart Sr

Alex Green St. Henry Sr

 

Midfielders

Chris O'Brien Cooper Sr

 

Strikers

Haven Borkowski Boone County Sr

 

Third Team

Goalkeeper

Nick Breslin Highlands Sr

 

Midfielders

Logan Dehner St. Henry Sr

Patrick Ballow Covington Catholic Sr

 

Honorable Mention

 

Goalkeeper

Alex Barton Villa Madonna Sr

 

Defenders

Stephen Petrie Dixie Sr

Mark Goller Bishop Brossart Sr

 

Midfielders

John Henn Bishop Brossart Sr

Max Dewald Pendleton County Ju

Sulliman Kayed Ryle Sr

 

From what I've seen, coaches associations usually do a terrible job in every sport of picking all-area, all-region, all-stars, or any other awards. Too much much bias against schools that are deep on talent and win a lot, don't see enough of the players, in it to nominate their own team, etc.

Yes, the flopping............let's hope that is not the case this year or some yellow cards put an end to it fairly quickly. Regardless, he's obviously one of the regions top players, if not the top player in N. Ky. I don't put too much stock in the "all star" list from last year since I believe coaches nominate players and there seems to be some spreading around of the spots on that team. Had a hard time figuring out how some names got on that list but some of course were valid. In no particular order...

 

Boone - Borkowski should be their best player up top I'd think.

Cooper - Ross/O'Brien

CCH - they have four good seniors in Patrick Ballow, Joe Schuh, Robert Lilly and Parker Kenney - Kenney is probably the top defender in the area. Bryce Day is at the top of a very strong junior class for CCH.

Scott - other than Treadway, I think Seay in goal could be the top keeper in the area. I think Blake Schneider will have a good year as well.

St. Henry - I'd think Adam Lannon is their best player.

NCC - just not familiar enough w/ their players - same goes for Brossart

Campbell Co - Michael Dumaine - not sure there is much after him

Dixie - Wynn Feltner is a solid player and probably the best on that team.

Connor/Simon Kenton - no offense but don't see any standouts on their rosters but who knows.

Alex Green from St Henry

From what I've seen, coaches associations usually do a terrible job in every sport of picking all-area, all-region, all-stars, or any other awards. Too much much bias against schools that are deep on talent and win a lot, don't see enough of the players, in it to nominate their own team, etc.

 

Exactly. There are players that get named to "all star" teams that may not even be starters on other teams. Same can be said for the "all state" teams that are picked.

I don't put too much stock in the "all star" list from last year since I believe coaches nominate players and there seems to be some spreading around of the spots on that team. Had a hard time figuring out how some names got on that list but some of course were valid. In no particular order...

 

That's why I qualified the list. It was meant to generate discussion, and it seems to have worked.

 

However, despite your's and Glyde's complaints, you did manage to mention about half the 1st three teams. The others are on teams you admitted you don't know well enough about, so maybe they belong as well.

 

I agree with the Parker Kenney comment. He might have been the best defender last year.

That's why I qualified the list. It was meant to generate discussion, and it seems to have worked.

 

However, despite your's and Glyde's complaints, you did manage to mention about half the 1st three teams. The others are on teams you admitted you don't know well enough about, so maybe they belong as well.

 

I agree with the Parker Kenney comment. He might have been the best defender last year.

 

I understand the list was a starting point, but I think four "all star" teams is a bit overboard (first/second/third/honorable mention). Do a first and a second team and leave it at that. If I didn't mention them and they were on one of the four teams last year, it's safe to say that I don't think they are stand-out players. Doesn't mean they are bad.........just not stand-out in my opinion. It's unlikely that N. Ky. has enough real talent to fill more than a first and second teams.

JMO, but you can't mention Lannon and Green from St. Henry without mentioning Logan Dehner and Austin Langen.

 

The CCH kids I agree with 100%

 

I think you have to throw Devin Morgan in the mix at Scott. Good player.

 

NCC has a good one in Patrick Louis.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.