July 8, 201412 yr Author In the first seven months of 2014 there has been 11 homicides. There were nine in 2013, six in 2012 & 13 in 2011 during the same time. Maybe it seems so bad because they've come in such a spree. This is definitely true. I wonder what the most homicides in a year is for Lexington.
July 8, 201412 yr This is definitely true. I wonder what the most homicides in a year is for Lexington.Here are Lexington's crime statistics for 2013, and here are Lexington's crime statistics from 2005 to 2012. If I find anything further back, I will post them.
July 8, 201412 yr Found this from this source: Lexington Profile | Lexington KY | Population, Crime, Map
July 8, 201412 yr It is definetly linked to the rise in heroin use and supply throughout the entire region. Lexington better get a hold on it asap or it will only get worse. Huntington missed the ball on it and its basically little Detroit now. Even Ashland has had a recent spike in crime, but Ashland area law enforcement has done a pretty good job of slowing the Detroit pipeline down though.
July 8, 201412 yr Author Lexington citizens had an Enough is Enough meeting last night. I saw some reports from it on twitter last night. I'll try to find a link.
July 8, 201412 yr Author Public meeting in Lexington addresses recent violence | Crime | Kentucky.com
July 14, 201412 yr It's is not just murders either. There was an attempted hold-up on the East side of town, near where I work at about 7PM last night. A guy walked up to a car stopped at a light, and while attempting to rob the driver, shot him twice in the leg. The driver was able to drive himself to the hospital. So just a question, if drugs are legal, and a user needs a fix, does this mean they aren't going to resort to theft or violence to address their need?
July 14, 201412 yr It's is not just murders either. There was an attempted hold-up on the East side of town, near where I work at about 7PM last night. A guy walked up to a car stopped at a light, and while attempting to rob the driver, shot him twice in the leg. The driver was able to drive himself to the hospital. So just a question, if drugs are legal, and a user needs a fix, does this mean they aren't going to resort to theft or violence to address their need? True, Legal still doesn't mean Free! A point our "legalize everything" friends seem to ignore.
July 14, 201412 yr Never mind, when drugs get legalized there will be a Govt Program to provide them to the less advantaged.
July 14, 201412 yr Never mind, when drugs get legalized there will be a Govt Program to provide them to the less advantaged. :lol2: I was thinking the same thing...Obamafix. Ok....shouldn't have said that.
July 17, 201412 yr Author I believe there was another shooting last night. One today around 4pm also.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.