Legitimate National Title Contenders

JokersWild24

If they can get past Oklahoma State in week 1 they'll have plenty of time to fine tune themselves to go against Notre Dame, Louisville, Miami and Florida. Those 5 games are the ones I'll be keeping a close eye to.

No worries about Jameis being a distraction. This is college not the NFL. FSU can hide Jameis from the world if they really want to.

They just have to keep him out of sorority houses and seafood departments.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready for this shocker?

1. Bama

2. Ohio St

3. Stanford

4. Florida (that's the shock)

I'm feeling the Stanford pick. I liked it much more before I took a hard look at their schedule, but I can see them doing it. The potential to get to the playoffs with 1 loss is probably more beneficial to the Pac 12 than anyone else when we're looking at the conferences as a whole.

I see quite a bit of wishful thinking and/or incredibly sensational guesses in this thread. IMO you're not going to see a team come out of nowhere to contend for these playoff spots.

Here are ESPN's Pre-Season rankings. These were released in late May, but they seem to back up what you are saying to some extent, though I would say that I don't think there's a very good chance that Alabama and Auburn both get in if we're just looking at the Top 4.

Florida State Seminoles lead 2014 Preseason Football Power Index Ratings - ESPN