9/23/2014 AT Male 7:30pm

9/25/2014 VS. Holy Cross - Sr. night 8:00pm

10/02/2014 VS. Simon Kenton 7:45pm

10/07/2014 AT Dunbar 7:30pm

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cru will lose 7 players from last year's team, most of whom started or played significant minutes. However,they return a large group of rising seniors who also made significant contributions last year. On the offensive side, Adam Lannon, Logan Dehner, and Karlan Wesdorp will be returning, all were major goal contributors last year. On defense Austin Langen and Alex Green will return to anchor the back line. Senior goalkeeper Tanner Kolking is recovering from a broken leg, and barring complications I would think would be ready for the season, however Junior Tate Johnson is a viable option in the goal

Juniors Jack Neltner, Mason Kling, and Sophomore DJ Sanders all saw varsity minutes last season and I would expect them to be major contributors this year.

I think the Cru will surprise people this year. They have varsity experience as well as players who play at a high club level. I would expect 2 or 3 of the senior class to play at the next level. But as always, it all depends on how the team comes together and if they stay healthy!

The Cru will lose 7 players from last year's team, most of whom started or played significant minutes. However,they return a large group of rising seniors who also made significant contributions last year. On the offensive side, Adam Lannon, Logan Dehner, and Karlan Wesdorp will be returning, all were major goal contributors last year. On defense Austin Langen and Alex Green will return to anchor the back line. Senior goalkeeper Tanner Kolking is recovering from a broken leg, and barring complications I would think would be ready for the season, however Junior Tate Johnson is a viable option in the goal

Juniors Jack Neltner, Mason Kling, and Sophomore DJ Sanders all saw varsity minutes last season and I would expect them to be major contributors this year.

I think the Cru will surprise people this year. They have varsity experience as well as players who play at a high club level. I would expect 2 or 3 of the senior class to play at the next level. But as always, it all depends on how the team comes together and if they stay healthy!

Good info. Thanks!

Nathan Meyer and Staub are also seniors. What positions do they play?

I have not really seen these boys play, but I know most of them. Looking forward to that home season opener in August.

Nathan plays in the midfield. In the past he has been hampered by injuries, but healthy he could have a very good year. Has a knack for finding the goal. Nick Staub is a defender who also can play forward. Coach Hahn is lucky in that is has a few players who can play more than one position on the field without a drop off in skill.

This will also be the first class that has players who will be in the program for 5 years. While this is not unusual for most programs, St. Henry only started roster-ing 8th graders in 2011.

Nathan plays in the midfield. In the past he has been hampered by injuries, but healthy he could have a very good year. Has a knack for finding the goal. Nick Staub is a defender who also can play forward. Coach Hahn is lucky in that is has a few players who can play more than one position on the field without a drop off in skill.

This will also be the first class that has players who will be in the program for 5 years. While this is not unusual for most programs, St. Henry only started roster-ing 8th graders in 2011.

:thumb:

How many freshmen is St Henry expecting? Will they be looking to add 8th graders this year to help field the frosh team?

• 1 month later...
:thumb:

How many freshmen is St Henry expecting? Will they be looking to add 8th graders this year to help field the frosh team?

So hypothetical question: could an 8th grader at St. Paul play FROSH or JV soccer at St. Henry, then enroll at CovCath the following year and play for them (on the corresponding team, FROSH, JV or V, based on his skill) without sitting out? Like the Cole Von Handorf basketball situation? Is that the same for soccer as well?