Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

God Bless Marc Amazon

Featured Replies

What you are saying is this Reds team can spend money on anybody, and everybody next year then. I would LOVE to know how in the hell this Reds team could sign either Latos, Cueto, and or Leake WITHOUT trading one of it's HUGE contracts this team is already paying, PLEASE explain how this Reds team can do this, I'm waiting. :popcorn:

 

Still waiting for you to show me where I said they are going to match the teams listed above.

 

I'll also wait for you to show me where I said they can spend money on anybody and everybody...

 

As for how they'll do it if they do do it, I don't know. I'm not paid to know that. Bob Castellini pays Walt Jocketty to know that. The payroll could increase some, they could trade someone, someone's value could go down due to performance or injury, etc... Too many variables that nobody on this site knows about to be experts on the payroll and roster situations.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still waiting for you to show me where I said they are going to match the teams listed above.

 

I'll also wait for you to show me where I said they can spend money on anybody and everybody...

 

As for how they'll do it if they do do it, I don't know. I'm not paid to know that. Bob Castellini pays Walt Jocketty to know that. The payroll could increase some, they could trade someone, someone's value could go down due to performance or injury, etc... Too many variables that nobody on this site knows about to be experts on the payroll and roster situations.

 

I believe I am correct in stating that BP's contract comes off the books after 2018. That's going to be a big chunk of pay roll to dish out to others.

  • Author
I believe I am correct in stating that BP's contract comes off the books after 2018. That's going to be a big chunk of pay roll to dish out to others.

 

Great, and Latos, Cueto, and Leake will ALL be gone after next season ( 2015 ), how does Phillips contract coming off the books in ( 2018 ), help after next season? I'll wait :popcorn:

 

P.S. Joey Votto's contract comes off the books in 2023, that should help too, right? For next year, right? :ohbrother:

  • Author

As for how they'll do it if they do do it, I don't know.

 

EXACTLY, that's my whole point, they CAN'T!!! :clap:

As for how they'll do it if they do do it, I don't know.

 

EXACTLY, that's my whole point, they CAN'T!!! :clap:

 

Me not knowing means they can't??? Hmmm. Didn't know I had that type of power.

 

You seem to be overly excited about the situation but yet you call yourself a Reds fan. I wouldn't call you a Reds fan.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 2

I believe I am correct in stating that BP's contract comes off the books after 2018. That's going to be a big chunk of pay roll to dish out to others.

 

Not to beat a dead horse, but his 10/5 rights kick in on September 2nd of this year, there is no way he is on the Reds that day. They couldn't find a dance partner for him this winter, but their "asks" in return for him as that day approaches will continue to drop and drop.

  • Author
Me not knowing means they can't??? Hmmm. Didn't know I had that type of power.

 

You seem to be overly excited about the situation but yet you call yourself a Reds fan. I wouldn't call you a Reds fan.

 

 

I say a REALIST Reds Fan, that isn't going to settle for a .500 team, just because EVERYONE says , " well it's better then being the Cubs, I want a serious contender, not a team that's just good enough to keep your attention, until mid Sept. then tell you things will be different next year, just because, with again, NO major changes made. I'm sick of it, and not going to enable, or support a losing organization, just because. Again it's called being a REALIST, not some bobble head, fireworks clown who is OK with just not finishing last, and a .500 record is somehow OK, just because the Reds are your home town team, no thanks, not for me. Ok, I feel better.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

Great, and Latos, Cueto, and Leake will ALL be gone after next season ( 2015 ), how does Phillips contract coming off the books in ( 2018 ), help after next season? I'll wait :popcorn:

 

P.S. Joey Votto's contract comes off the books in 2023, that should help too, right? For next year, right? :ohbrother:

 

As for how they'll do it if they do do it, I don't know.

 

EXACTLY, that's my whole point, they CAN'T!!! :clap:

 

Here. Now you don't have to wait anymore.... A baseball contract is guaranteed money (minus incentives, etc.). BP has a 1 million dollar increase every year from 2013 to 2017. Consequently, there is a 4 million dollar difference in what they paid in 2013 from what they will pay in 2017. Generally, they can spend that excess money in the later years of any contract they give out, if they do other backloaded contracts like BP's, i.e., if they give some of those guys less money at the beginning, they still have the money to pay BP while he's on the books, while paying those guys a good contract still that is similarly backloaded, because their increase comes from the money that BP is no longer being paid once he is off the books. Now, the extra few million might not be much to throw at others, but the whole thing isn't going to come from that salary.

 

To better explain, someone could be paid a $10 million dollar contract, but only get $1 million the first year, and then get $9 million the second. It's still a $10 million dollar contract.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 2

I say a REALIST Reds Fan, that isn't going to settle for a .500 team, just because EVERYONE says , " well it's better then being the Cubs, I want a serious contender, not a team that's just good enough to keep your attention, until mid Sept. then tell you things will be different next year, just because, with again, NO major changes made. I'm sick of it, and not going to enable, or support a losing organization, just because. Again it's called being a REALIST, not some bobble head, fireworks clown who is OK with just not finishing last, and a .500 record is somehow OK, just because the Reds are your home town team, no thanks, not for me. Ok, I feel better.

 

See the problem with calling yourself a realist is that you're a pessimist.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

Not to beat a dead horse, but his 10/5 rights kick in on September 2nd of this year, there is no way he is on the Reds that day. They couldn't find a dance partner for him this winter, but their "asks" in return for him as that day approaches will continue to drop and drop.

 

If they are in the race at the deadline I don't see how they could trade him unless it was for another MLB second baseman and a useful piece.

If they are in the race at the deadline I don't see how they could trade him unless it was for another MLB second baseman and a useful piece.

 

Phil Castellini would rather gargle shards of glass than have a situation where BP controls all of the cards. Do I think it would be unpopular if they are in fact in the race? You bet. I don't believe it will matter.

^I'll volunteer to drive him to the airport. Can't happen soon enough.

  • Author
See the problem with calling yourself a realist is that you're a pessimist.

 

No it's REALIST!

This is getting old

I still believe that the Reds will trade Homer Bailey this year or over the winter. He is easier to trade now because he is locked up for the next several years at a reasonable amount. I know everyone thinks we overpaid for him, but he would have got that much or more in Free Agency. I could see the Reds trading him to a larger market team for a decent prospect. If another team is in the race, he could help them and they will get to keep him for several more years.

 

I think the Reds should trade Chapman to the Marlins for Stanton. The Cuban missile would be loved in Florida. Win-win for everyone. I would then trade Homer Bailey to the Astros for Jose Altuve. I would then trade Phillips if you can get someone to take him. If not, move him to shortstop and let Altuve play 2nd.

 

Phillips SS

Altuve 2B

Votto 1B

Stanton LF

Bruce RF

Frazier 3B

Mesoraco C

Hamilton CF

 

How is that for a line-up!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.