Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

God Bless Marc Amazon

Featured Replies

I still believe that the Reds will trade Homer Bailey this year or over the winter. He is easier to trade now because he is locked up for the next several years at a reasonable amount. I know everyone thinks we overpaid for him, but he would have got that much or more in Free Agency. I could see the Reds trading him to a larger market team for a decent prospect. If another team is in the race, he could help them and they will get to keep him for several more years.

 

I think the Reds should trade Chapman to the Marlins for Stanton. The Cuban missile would be loved in Florida. Win-win for everyone. I would then trade Homer Bailey to the Astros for Jose Altuve. I would then trade Phillips if you can get someone to take him. If not, move him to shortstop and let Altuve play 2nd.

 

Phillips SS

Altuve 2B

Votto 1B

Stanton LF

Bruce RF

Frazier 3B

Mesoraco C

Hamilton CF

 

How is that for a line-up!

 

A couple things....The Marlins would laugh in Jocketty's face if they offered them Chapman for Stanton straight up. Would take a ton more to get him.

 

Not sure the Astros would trade the 24 year old face of their franchise for a pitcher that everyone in Reds land appears to think is overpaid. Why would they want an overpaid pitcher for their young stud?

 

Phillips can't move. Him playing SS would be a disaster. 2B is the only position he can play at this point. 5 years ago, it could've probably worked.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still believe that the Reds will trade Homer Bailey this year or over the winter. He is easier to trade now because he is locked up for the next several years at a reasonable amount. I know everyone thinks we overpaid for him, but he would have got that much or more in Free Agency. I could see the Reds trading him to a larger market team for a decent prospect. If another team is in the race, he could help them and they will get to keep him for several more years.

 

I think the Reds should trade Chapman to the Marlins for Stanton. The Cuban missile would be loved in Florida. Win-win for everyone. I would then trade Homer Bailey to the Astros for Jose Altuve. I would then trade Phillips if you can get someone to take him. If not, move him to shortstop and let Altuve play 2nd.

 

Phillips SS

Altuve 2B

Votto 1B

Stanton LF

Bruce RF

Frazier 3B

Mesoraco C

Hamilton CF

 

How is that for a line-up!

 

You're making the assumption that the Marlins will give up Stanton for Chapman, which I don't think they would.

 

You're also making the assumption BP can play SS and would do so. I don't think he will.

  • Author
I still believe that the Reds will trade Homer Bailey this year or over the winter. He is easier to trade now because he is locked up for the next several years at a reasonable amount. I know everyone thinks we overpaid for him, but he would have got that much or more in Free Agency. I could see the Reds trading him to a larger market team for a decent prospect. If another team is in the race, he could help them and they will get to keep him for several more years.

 

I think the Reds should trade Chapman to the Marlins for Stanton. The Cuban missile would be loved in Florida. Win-win for everyone. I would then trade Homer Bailey to the Astros for Jose Altuve. I would then trade Phillips if you can get someone to take him. If not, move him to shortstop and let Altuve play 2nd.

 

Phillips SS

Altuve 2B

Votto 1B

Stanton LF

Bruce RF

Frazier 3B

Mesoraco C

Hamilton CF

 

How is that for a line-up!

 

Would love to see Bailey get traded, but it ain't happening now, with a 6 year deal. On the day the Reds signed him on MLB, they ALL said, The Reds better hope he's there guy over the next 6 years, because he's untradeable now, because of the 6 years thing. Would also love to see the Reds trade for Stanton, but it will take A LOT more then just Chapman for Stanton, someone like Hamilton would have to go to, which I would still do. :dancingpa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.