Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals select AJ McCarron 164th overall

Featured Replies

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zero chance that he we will never be a starter? Im curious to why do you think there is zero chance of that?

 

He said day one. Zero chance of that happening.

Glaring needs? How so? That was the talk before the draft is how the bengals one of fee teams with no real glaring needs. Could the bengals always get better at ol and ilb sure. Howver perception of fans here is not reality. We are not as bad in those areas as people think.

 

Reality is reality and outside of Burfict our LBs consistently tackle 5-10 yards downfield vs at the line of scrimmage and behind. It's no odd coincidence that teams who win playoff games play LBs who perform on a higher level.

 

As for for your angle on our OL I'll simply say our definitions of "depth" differ. I'm pleased they made the move on Bodine to meet need. Third time in draft history they've ever moved up to get an OL to meet "a glaring need." :lol:

He said day one. Zero chance of that happening.

 

I think the comment was "one day", not "day one"

Hopefully beginning of the end for the Red Pistol

They will not take any snaps away from Dalton. The #1 reason being is Dalton still has a ton of room to improve.

 

The only way AJ will see any playing time is if Dalton is hurt. We kind of have to hope for a Drew Bledsoe kind of situation to occur to get Dalton out of the lineup.

He said day one. Zero chance of that happening.

 

Um no he didn't, you might want to look at that post again. You must have mixed up the words when you read it because you said one day, not from day one....

Reality is reality and outside of Burfict our LBs consistently tackle 5-10 yards downfield vs at the line of scrimmage and behind. It's no odd coincidence that teams who win playoff games play LBs who perform on a higher level.

 

As for for your angle on our OL I'll simply say our definitions of "depth" differ. I'm pleased they made the move on Bodine to meet need. Third time in draft history they've ever moved up to get an OL to meet "a glaring need." :lol:

 

The Bengals typically play only two linebackers, and one of those linebackers is the one of the best in football. The Bengals defense has been in the top 10 for a few years, so yes with how the Bengals play their defense LB was not a glaring need. Could they improve in that spot yes, is it a glaring Robinson who played great at center when Cook was out two years ago. So do you not consider having backups who could give good starter minutes as having depth? I would really like to know what your definition of depth is then...

The Bengals typically play only two linebackers, and one of those linebackers is the one of the best in football. The Bengals defense has been in the top 10 for a few years, so yes with how the Bengals play their defense LB was not a glaring need. Could they improve in that spot yes, is it a glaring Robinson who played great at center when Cook was out two years ago. So do you not consider having backups who could give good starter minutes as having depth? I would really like to know what your definition of depth is then...

 

I've got great news for you. After witnessing my friend HBs back-in-forth with you for some time now. I will kindly wish you well on your stand alone Bengal path. My time and attention is too valuable to get sucked into a fc bengal debate vortex...:jump:…Carry on and best wishes engaging your energy elsewhere!!!

I've got great news for you. After witnessing my friend HBs back-in-forth with you for some time now. I will kindly wish you well on your stand alone Bengal path. My time and attention is too valuable to get sucked into a fc bengal debate vortex...:jump:…Carry on and best wishes engaging your energy elsewhere!!!

 

Smart decision considering your friend HB came out with a lot of made up things that has been well documented that started the whole thing. It was more personal attack things and stuff like that, that really got our discussions going even more. What you stated is just an opinion and I respect that, we just have opposite opinions of it. People are going to have opposite opinions and that is fine, it was how he stated his a lot of times that caused things to go even further into.

 

You think they had some glaring needs, and I don't think they did. You stated why you thought they did, and I stated why I thought they didn't. That is what this site is for, so healthy debate is fine. I have no problem with you, because you have presented things just fine in your opinion. However if you want to stop that is fine.

Did I hear correctly on SC that several NFL teams were put off by McCarron's attitude during the interview process? Could that be why he dropped to the 5th round? He's a game manager, not a game winner, much in the same way that Dalton is with a couple of exceptions- He's from a winning program and he isn't demanding huge $ off of average success.

Did I hear correctly on SC that several NFL teams were put off by McCarron's attitude during the interview process? Could that be why he dropped to the 5th round? He's a game manager, not a game winner, much in the same way that Dalton is with a couple of exceptions- He's from a winning program and he isn't demanding huge $ off of average success.

 

That is correct, they said he basically came off as cocky. Which is good and bad, because obviously you want your players and especially your QB to be confident. The one thing that stands out to me is that he will be a leader and will want perfection from his teammates. In the title game against Notre Dame in the 4th quarter they have the game in hand, and he still got all over his center for messing up the snap count. I think that type of attitude will be good for the Bengals.

 

Will he be a good QB one day maybe, will he be a career backup maybe. I just love the fact that he is coming in with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove people wrong for not drafting him earlier.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.