Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doss Coaching Position

Featured Replies

With the Doss head coaching position being posted today, anyone with thoughts/insights on who might be likely candidates for this job? The Dragons won 22 games this past season and it looks like they only lose three seniors, but I don't know the quality of the returning players.

You can't win at Doss. There's always been talent there, but the discipline has never been there. Goodin got out while he could. They should've won the 6th region this season, but they refused to play together.

Where is Goodin headed?

 

Assistant Coach at Kentucky Wesleyan

  • Author

Can anyone provide an update on this opening?

Congrats to Goodin on getting a job at KWC. Obviously did a fine job at Doss.

I know it will get a good deal of interest but I know good asst. coaches and head coaches who are not even applying because of how that school is ran. Doesn't help with being in best district in the state top to bottom.

I know it will get a good deal of interest but I know good asst. coaches and head coaches who are not even applying because of how that school is ran. Doesn't help with being in best district in the state top to bottom.

 

Agree. In the news just about every week for assaults. Names I have Heard:

1. Tony Williams-former Doss and UofL player

2. Kevin Salyer-former Doss coach and retired AD at school

3. John Mingus- Desales coach

4. Tom Crews-current Desales assistant, former Head coach at Male/Desales

5. Derek Anderson-former Doss, UK, and NBA player

Tony Williams is likely the guy, but I don't think he's a teacher so it'd be hard to get him in the building. I don't see Mingus leaving Desales for Doss. A couple of KC's assistants are putting in for it as well. But the school itself and its issues are probably keeping a lot of coaches away from even thinking about applying. And Salyer is probably just a backup plan at this point if nothing else worthwhile comes along.

  • Author

I figured Tony Williams would be the guy, but it is the case that he is not a teacher (although he did get his degree in December). He is an extremely hard worker who will put his heart and soul into the job and push the players hard. Probably more of a fit at Doss than at St. Francis, where he currently coaches.

I figured Tony Williams would be the guy, but it is the case that he is not a teacher (although he did get his degree in December). He is an extremely hard worker who will put his heart and soul into the job and push the players hard. Probably more of a fit at Doss than at St. Francis, where he currently coaches.

 

Jefferson County interesting though. You don't have to teach. They could find him a job in the building. Could be security, ISAP, community resources, etc.

Agree. In the news just about every week for assaults. Names I have Heard:

1. Tony Williams-former Doss and UofL player

2. Kevin Salyer-former Doss coach and retired AD at school

3. John Mingus- Desales coach

4. Tom Crews-current Desales assistant, former Head coach at Male/Desales

5. Derek Anderson-former Doss, UK, and NBA player

 

Mingus is interesting he works at southern. Also heard moves were being made to get ride of him and bring crews back on as head coach before last year. Karma anyone.

The former players would be good with Williams doing a great job at st. Francis this year.

Anderson I don't think would be even considered after being accused of financing a drug ring.

DA applies they would have to listen. Nothing ever substanial just allegations. He brings in a name and money.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.