Samsung Galaxy S5

halfback20

I switched from the iPhone to the S4 back in August. I love the S4...awesome phone, but I personally just miss the iPhone. I'm with Verizon and signed up on their Edge program, so here in a month, Ill be able to change phones once my part is paid off (might even sign a new contract).

Things I dont like about the Samsung S4....sending ANY KIND of videos is a pain. They cand be 2 seconds or 2 minutes, doesnt matter. They won't send. Also, it's starting to freeze up a little...especially if I'm texting. The keyboard will lag behind. For what it's worth, about 4 years ago I went with the original Motorola Droid and it started out like a gang buster...eventually did the same thing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!!!! Great move my man. While I personally think the HTC One M8 is better, Android is the way to go.

Got my M8 the day it came out. I've had every flagship Android device. This one ROCKS! Didn't want the S5. Sick of the cheap build of Samsungs. Loved my S4, but had no interest in the 5.

Got my M8 the day it came out. I've had every flagship Android device. This one ROCKS! Didn't want the S5. Sick of the cheap build of Samsungs. Loved my S4, but had no interest in the 5.

Without a doubt. One of the reasons I love the One is because it feels like the money was put into the phone as far as the build in it. The metal backing feels great on it. I usually always try every new top shelf Android device when it's released thanks to my job. I'm very surprised the M8 has been able to take me away from my G2.

I use Handcent for messaging, mainly for customization purposes.

Trying out Handcent now. Never tried it before. I like the way it runs at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

So the camera on my phone had been shutting off a lot. I just read that some of the new s5`s have a camera issue and I should get the phone replaced. If I take it back is there anyway to save every thing on this phone and switch it over to the new one? I just got this one set up the way I like it so I really don't want to do it again.

So the camera on my phone had been shutting off a lot. I just read that some of the new s5`s have a camera issue and I should get the phone replaced. If I take it back is there anyway to save every thing on this phone and switch it over to the new one? I just got this one set up the way I like it so I really don't want to do it again.

The smart switch app is the only hing I really know of.

Do I have to save the info from this phone somewhere for smart switch to pull it from?

It's linked to your google account I believe. Download the app and then you do it from your current phone to pull info from and then download the app on your new one and download the info again.

It's linked to your google account I believe. Download the app and then you do it from your current phone to pull info from and then download the app on your new one and download the info again.

Thanks. Going to return it now.

My S5 is very hard to get used to.

I love mine other than the camera issue.

Also apparent I didn't sync something right because I can't get my contacts and apps back now on the new phone. Oh well I can still use the smart switch app to pull all my old stuff from the cloud again.