Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#715 Was 40 Years Ago Today

Featured Replies

Braves pitcher. Not Jimmy Wynn.
I don't think Rick Monday went to the Dodgers till the late 70's. I know Lee Lacy played for the Dodgers, but I think he was with the Braves in the early 70's. I'm obviously missing somebody rather easy, but I'm drawing a blank.
He became a pitching coach.

 

Just tossing these out...don't believe any of them played for the Braves at this time (or maybe ever!)

 

Joe Kerrigan

Galen Cisco (sp?)

Dick Pole

Ray Miller

  • Author

Outfielder was involved in a famous play in the 80s.

Was Tom House the pitcher?? I seem to remember this to be part of something I saw when his methods of training and coaching pitchers became prominent. I know the left fielder was Bill Buckner.

  • Author
Was Tom House the pitcher?? I seem to remember this to be part of something I saw when his methods of training and coaching pitchers became prominent. I know the left fielder was Bill Buckner.

 

Yessir!

 

Left fielder?

Yessir!

 

Left fielder?

 

Bill Buckner

The same questions should be asked about #714.

The same questions should be asked about #714.

 

Jack Billingham

no clue...but perhaps Dusty?

Pete Rose?

Don't think anyone "caught" it, did they? Thought it went in between the wall and the stands at Riverfront.

  • Author
Bill Buckner

 

Yessir !

  • Author
Jack Billingham no clue...but perhaps Dusty? Pete Rose? Don't think anyone "caught" it' date=' did they? Thought it went in between the wall and the stands at Riverfront.[/quote']

 

It was Billingham.

It was Billingham.

 

Yeah, knew Billingham was on the mound for the Reds. Had (have) no idea as to who was on deck for the Braves, though. That's why the "no clue" was next.

 

Just a guess that Pete was still in the outfield at that time.

Bill Buckner. Good grief. I knew it would be somebody easy. Mad at myself for not thinking of him:

#714 - April 4, 1974 - Riverfront Stadium - Opening Day. Jack Billingham was the pitcher. Baker was on deck. Rose was indeed in LF. Ball picked up by usher behind the wall. VP Gerald Ford on hand to congratulate Aaron during stoppage of play. I was 14.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.