Discussion of the 2014 All BluegrassPreps.com Girls Basketball Team

Nikki Kiernan of Newport Catholic seems like a glaring omission. I watched her totally dominate LaRue County in the Gateway Classic at Montgomery County back in December. Other than that, I agree with the list. I personally feel like the fact that Ms Lawrence was not even a finalist for Ms Basketball, that should warrant an investigation.

Nikki Kiernan of Newport Catholic seems like a glaring omission. I watched her totally dominate LaRue County in the Gateway Classic at Montgomery County back in December. Other than that, I agree with the list. I personally feel like the fact that Ms Lawrence was not even a finalist for Ms Basketball, that should warrant an investigation.

I agree 1000% FBD. Kiernan (28pts.) almost doubled up Kentucky's Miss Basketball, Ivy Brown (15pts.) in that game.

Kiernan not on this list is a head-scratcher.

At first glance, I would say this is the top ten players for Kentucky Premier ? Seems all 10 on this list are premier players. Mr james could you clarify that? I know Premier has the lion's share of Ky girl basketball talent, (and good for them, they are doing a great job) but that shouldn't exclude non premier players like Rankin and Kiernan from a "top 10 in kentucky" list.

Not all are Premier players. Wish they had been. Rankin was a Premier player when she decided to play. Great player. Layfield was not a Premier player. Also this was a committee vote. Guys these kids are very deserving of the award. There are many more who are also.

Great job Jesse, I saw every girl mentioned here play in the past. I agree with all the comments about several other girls deserving recognition but I Don't know any of the top ten mentioned that I would remove from the original list. If it was a top 15 or top 20 I can think of several others and perhaps if there were a top 20 you could shuffle the lineup play all star games and have a different winner every night.

Well done getting Alexis Brewer on the squad. Her teammate, Ivy Brown, got the lion's share of attention, and she is a fantastic player as well. But it would be a fair argument to say Alexis is what made that team go, and that Ivy would have had to work a lot harder without her.

It's too bad the rest of the state only knew of E'town in our region, which I would argue is the best in the state, year-in and year-out. LaRue Co. was an outstanding team the past two years.

Well done getting Alexis Brewer on the squad. Her teammate, Ivy Brown, got the lion's share of attention, and she is a fantastic player as well. But it would be a fair argument to say Alexis is what made that team go, and that Ivy would have had to work a lot harder without her.

It's too bad the rest of the state only knew of E'town in our region, which I would argue is the best in the state, year-in and year-out. LaRue Co. was an outstanding team the past two years.

I was really impressed with Alexis Brewer when I saw LaRue play. I thought she was the best player on the court.