TOP 3 Players at each position in NKY this coming season

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general, a D1 offer does not automatically make that player the better high school player. Sometimes size/speed/potential get that offer as much as what the player is actually doing on the field.

On the QB's, I like Moore, but right now I see more potential than results. I thought he was better his sophomore year than his junior year. If we are just looking at passing, I don't think Moore was in the top 10 in any passing category last year. But we know running is a huge part of him as a QB. If you look at returning starters and their stats, Fieger is probably in the top 3. Of course, Hoge didn't play QB and Wagner was injured so who knows about them, although Wagner showed his ability in the time he was able to play last year. It is very hard to make these types of predictions now. At this time last year, who knew Franzen, Ackerson and Ludwig would do what they did at QB?

In general, a D1 offer does not automatically make that player the better high school player. Sometimes size/speed/potential get that offer as much as what the player is actually doing on the field.

On the QB's, I like Moore, but right now I see more potential than results. I thought he was better his sophomore year than his junior year. If we are just looking at passing, I don't think Moore was in the top 10 in any passing category last year. But we know running is a huge part of him as a QB. If you look at returning starters and their stats, Fieger is probably in the top 3. Of course, Hoge didn't play QB and Wagner was injured so who knows about them, although Wagner showed his ability in the time he was able to play last year. It is very hard to make these types of predictions now. At this time last year, who knew Franzen, Ackerson and Ludwig would do what they did at QB?

Agree to a point. Number in high school sports are a hard think to look at. I think size speed are the first things looked at. Number are just icing on the cake. So you are saying kids are getting passed up??

Since you keep going on about your prized TE here you go!

Vercheak 6'5 250 pounds 11 catches 205 yards 3 tds

Hedger 6'5 220 pounds 10 catches 180 yards 1 td

Hedger had 15 rec. Last year. Two season 47 rec. Over 500 yards 4t.d.s 2nd leading rec. On a team that ran 1st and 2nd.

One more time D1 offer speaks for it's self

TE. I THINK A D1 offer speaks for itself.

Sometimes a d1 offer can as much a consequence of effective marking and willingness to go anywhere as ability. My kid gets a lot of literature from Stanford, but when you factor in the costs of getting back and forth to California on a regular basis, you are better of financially going to a community college, then transferring.