Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgia Basketball Rules

Featured Replies

Georgia Bulldogs men’s basketball team policy toward women for players includes no hickeys, no orgies and one, not two or three girlfriends | FOX Sports on MSN

 

 

In the section titled "Treat women with respect," among the points made are:

 

• No means no, date rape is serious

• You don't own your girlfriend

• Stay out of gray areas, Orgies and g*** b**** are inappropriate

• Never assault or intimidate a woman

• Birth control is your responsibility too

• Don't spend all your energy in the bed all night

• Hicky's / passion marks should not ever be noticed by coaches

• One. Not two or three girlfriends . . .

 

 

Another section in the Georgia policy, one which the Maryland study found more concerning, was in the area of privacy.

 

Why is it concerning?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as inspecting the cleanliness of rooms, when I was at EKU all resident halls had the same policy...they could come in at any time for an "Inspection"

I have a problem on the coaches deciding whether players should be in monogamous relationships our not.

I have a problem on the coaches deciding whether players should be in monogamous relationships our not.

 

Hey as long as the school is providing them a scholarship then they should have to comply with the rules. IMO we need more coaches out there teaching young men how to treat women. I commend GA for doing this. I am not sure about what other programs do but there is nothing here that makes me think is bad. I think the intent of what you are looking at is that they are trying to teach them not to screw around with several different girls which can lead to ALL kinds of problems for the player and the program

Hey as long as the school is providing them a scholarship then they should have to comply with the rules. IMO we need more coaches out there teaching young men how to treat women. I commend GA for doing this. I am not sure about what other programs do but there is nothing here that makes me think is bad. I think the intent of what you are looking at is that they are trying to teach them not to screw around with several different girls which can lead to ALL kinds of problems for the player and the program

 

Sorry, no. A PUBLIC school has no right to.dictate the love life of their students.

Absolutely zero wrong with a basketball coach implementing whatever rules he sees fit. If you don't like them, you're more than welcome to go play somewhere else.

Sorry, no. A PUBLIC school has no right to.dictate the love life of their students.

 

NO but when you accept a scholarship you follow the rules of your institution or go somewhere else. My boss tells me the rules and I follow them or I have no job. No my boss does not dictate my love life but those are not his rules. I am sadden that a coach has to come up with rules like this but glad someone is trying to teach kids how to act appropriately. Like I said if they don't like the rules don't play for the coach.

Absolutely zero wrong with a basketball coach implementing whatever rules he sees fit. If you don't like them, you're more than welcome to go play somewhere else.

 

For example, no homosexuals.

These are some good rules shown in the OP. How can anyone argue with a coach who is trying to guide young men in a positive way such as this?! I got zero problem with this.

Another example I'm sure everyone's ok with: no girlfriends outside your own race.

For example, no homosexuals.

 

Yeah, because that's comparable.

 

Seriously, how does anyone have an issue with "No date rape" or "no assaulting women"?

What all this boils down to is Coach Fox is basically telling his players, "You will treat women with respect, or you'll pay the consequences".

 

There's really people who think that's a bad thing?

Sorry, no. A PUBLIC school has no right to.dictate the love life of their students.

So Notre Dame, USC, Stanford and Princeton can?

So Notre Dame, USC, Stanford and Princeton can?

 

BYU has already demonstrated that it can.

I look at it this way. If I accept a job and one of the requirements of that job is that I cannot date co-workers or customers I have the option of not taking that job, or taking the job and breaking the rule at my own peril.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.