Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgia Basketball Rules

Featured Replies

Yeah, because that's comparable.

 

Seriously, how does anyone have an issue with "No date rape" or "no assaulting women"?

 

I know a lot of people who would view it the same way, yes.

 

I have no problem with rules that are about treating others with respect, but in my opinion mandating monogamy it's our of bounds.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BYU has already demonstrated that it can.

 

Exactly, so why did you single out the public schools but seemed to think it was OK for the Privates

Some schools have a dress code for players on road trips or game day..."Who are they to tell me how to dress?"

 

Ram do you have a problem with that?

I know a lot of people who would view it the same way, yes.

 

I have no problem with rules that are about treating others with respect, but in my opinion mandating monogamy it's our of bounds.

 

I would imagine if the chick was okay with them having multiple "partners" it would be cool. The whole basis of the rules is to treat women with respect.

Exactly, so why did you single out the public schools but seemed to think it was OK for the Privates

 

Because public schools aren't religious institutions. Religious schools can have whatever stupid rule they want. Other private schools that you mentioned, like Stanford, would never publicly advertise a rule enforcing monogamy, because plenty of their students would lose it.

I would imagine if the chick was okay with them having multiple "partners" it would be cool. The whole basis of the rules is to treat women with respect.

 

That's not what it says. I'm responding to the rule as written.

Some schools have a dress code for players on road trips or game day..."Who are they to tell me how to dress?"

 

Ram do you have a problem with that?

 

I don't, because they're still on the clock, so to speak.

You against curfews too Ram? Players should be allowed to stay up as late as they want, right?

You against curfews too Ram? Players should be allowed to stay up as late as they want, right?

 

Enforcing who a player can and cannot date is what I have a problem with.

Enforcing who a player can and cannot date is what I have a problem with.

 

Must have missed that rule....We are reading the rules as written, are we not?

Must have missed that rule....We are reading the rules as written, are we not?

 

It's the last one one the list, if you missed it (which I know you didn't...)

It's the last one one the list, if you missed it (which I know you didn't...)

 

Doesn't say anything about restricting who a player is allowed to date. Remember, we're simply discussing the rules as they are written.

So Ram, a co-worker of yours (off the clock of course) is filmed making hateful, racial comments. Your boss finds out about it. He fires him. You'd stick up for said co-worker, because after all, it wasn't on the company's time that he made the comments?

If who is plural, it sure does affect it.

If who is plural, it sure does affect it.

 

Ram said we have to read the rule as it's written. Nowhere in the rule he cited (the last one) does it use the word "who" at all.

 

Now if he wants to complain about a rule restricting how many people a player can date at one time, have at it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.